Fresh LIVE Phyto 8-Species Blend – FREE SHIPPING

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Fresh LIVE Phyto 8-Species Blend – FREE SHIPPING

Satisfaction Guaranteed - If there are any problems (including shipping) just let me know and I will make it right.

Harvested fresh on Monday evening and shipped out priority mail on Tuesday.

Edit:
10% DISCOUNT FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS (You choose the frequency)

16oz.jpg

16 Ounce $15.00

32oz.jpg

32 Ounce (One Quart) $24.00

64oz.jpg

64 Ounce (2 Quarts, Half Gallon) $34.00

Gallon.jpg

One Gallon (128 Ounces, Four Quarts) $58.00

Harvested fresh on Monday evening and shipped out priority mail on Tuesday.

I culture eight different species of phytoplankton (Tetraselmis, Nannochloropsis, Isochrysis, Thalassiosira weissflogii, Nannochloris, Chaetoceros calcitrans, Chlorella, Dunaliella (tertiolecta), and Pavlova separately and then combine them at harvest to insure that all eight species are present - if cultured together, one will eventually eliminate the others. This blend has green, brown, and gold with sizes from 1 micron to 14 microns. Some are motile, and some are not. They all have different nutritional profiles. In short, this blend should provide feed for all of the various microorganisms in your tank.

I start with fresh, artificial saltwater (usually Instant Ocean) and culture each species separately with F/2 fertilizer.

If you would like a single species, or a custom blend, please contact me for pricing and availability.

I also have F/2 fertilizer available. It's more concentrated than most - 1ml will treat 2.5 liters of water. $15.00 for a 12 oz bottle with free shipping.

EDIT:

IMG_0549 (6).jpg

I thought I would post this comparison picture. The bottle on the right is 32oz of the phyto blend, and the one on the left is 8oz of phyto blend and 24oz of water. In other words, the "normal" bottle on right has four times as much phyto as the one on the left even though they are the same size. You can see the difference in the color of the phyto. Something to think about as you are comparing sources.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
About how long would you say it’ll stay fresh/alive in fridge?

It should stay alive for a month or so as long as you give it a little shake every day or so. I'm sure it would be fine for a few months. I have had bottles in the fridge for months and they never went "bad", but I don't know how much of the phyto would still be alive after a month or so. Some organisms are fine with dead phyto - most of the commercial stuff is dead. However, there are other organisms that will only survive on live cells. I think that the live phyto is more nutritious for everything. I will have to put a bottle in the fridge and look at it under a microscope each week to see how long it actually stays alive. I ship this as soon as I harvest it, so it will last as long or longer than any other phyto.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should stay alive for a month or so as long as you give it a little shake every day or so. I'm sure it would be fine for a few months. I have had bottles in the fridge for months and they never went "bad", but I don't know how much of the phyto would still be alive after a month or so. Some organisms are fine with dead phyto - most of the commercial stuff is dead. However, there are other organisms that will only survive on live cells. I think that the live phyto is more nutritious for everything. I will have to put a bottle in the fridge and look at it under a microscope each week to see how long it actually stays alive. I ship this as soon as I harvest it, so it will last as long or longer than any other phyto.
Okay that is great, is this something you plan on culturing and selling for a while? I'd love to support a fellow reefer but I did just buy some phyto this week and don't want one or the other to spoil.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Okay that is great, is this something you plan on culturing and selling for a while? I'd love to support a fellow reefer but I did just buy some phyto this week and don't want one or the other to spoil.

Yes. I have been culturing this for quite a while. As I have perfected my techniques and the species I culture, I have way more than I need for myself. I will continue to culture it for the foreseeable future. I would appreciate the support. Thanks!

saltgogi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing one species is better than none but is there certain strands a reef tank would benefit from? Might be interested in purchasing just those strands

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’m guessing one species is better than none but is there certain strands a reef tank would benefit from? Might be interested in purchasing just those strands
I would definitely recommend the blend - that's what I use. You will have certain organisms that consume and benefit from all of the species (and have much better nutrition from the blend because of the various nutritional profiles), and you will have some that will only consume particular species (and will not do well without the correct type).

I would only recommend single species if you are culturing a certain organism that requires it, or if you want to start your own culture. For example, I use Isochrysis alone (and am experimenting with tetraselmis) to culture parvocalinus copepods because they won't consume non-motile algae.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All PM's replied to. Still have some left. If you would like some this week, let me know by 5:00, and I will ship out tomorrow.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Last call for this week. If anyone wants some, let me know. I will be harvesting next Monday and shipping on Tuesday of anyone wants some then.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All orders have shipped. Please let me know if anyone did not receive a tracking number.

Taking orders for next week

TaiN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my order today and wow! Awesome packaging and the phyto looks super green. Definitely see myself buying more in the future.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got my order today and wow! Awesome packaging and the phyto looks super green. Definitely see myself buying more in the future.

I'm really glad that you are pleased. Be sure to refrigerate it and invert it or give it a swirl daily. I'll look forward to hearing from you in the future.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Taking orders for Monday's harvest that will ship out Tuesday. Let me know if anyone else would like some.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back