0   0   0
great seller. Awesome packaging. Phyto is super dense and tons of swimming pods

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you previously mentioned 5ml to 10ml daily dosing to start, is that for any sized tank or was that geared to a specific tank volume and would you have a recommended final dosing amount after x-amount of days?

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When you previously mentioned 5ml to 10ml daily dosing to start, is that for any sized tank or was that geared to a specific tank volume and would you have a recommended final dosing amount after x-amount of days?

Hello. Since this phytoplankton is alive, it’s actually pretty hard to overdose. I would still be somewhat conservative initially just to be safe.

A daily dose of 3 mL per 10 gallons of system volume should be a very safe starting point. As you observe results, you can increase. The upper limit would be much much higher than that. I add about 120 mL to a 50 gallon system each day.

Any reasonable amount that you add daily will be beneficial. It will probably consume some of your phosphate and nitrate, and the organisms that consume it will multiply and grow according to the amount dosed.

Let me know if you have any other questions

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick reply.
I would also like to ask about systems with UV sterilizers, is this a bad combo with live phyto and should skimmers be turned off for a period of time when your dosing daily?

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the quick reply.
I would also like to ask about systems with UV sterilizers, is this a bad combo with live phyto and should skimmers be turned off for a period of time when your dosing daily?

I'm not sure about the UV. I think it would depend on the frequency and duration of exposure to the UV, but I'm not positive. Personally, I turn of the skimmer for an hour or so each time I dose. I don't think that this is absolutely necessary, but I prefer to give the organisms that consume it a head start on the mechanical removal.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All orders are shipped. Everyone should have received an email with a tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Taking orders to ship next Tuesday (phyto harvested fresh on next Monday).

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give a shout out to Dave!
Shipped on Tuesday, received on Thursday. Packing was impeccable, love the 32 oz bottles!

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
CHAETO
i have had some inquiries about Chaeto, and I do have two kinds available that I can include in a phyto order. It is hardy, grows very well, devours nitrate and phosphate, and isn't picky about light.

BIODIVERSE: I have some from my main system that has all of the biodiversity of an old established tank. I have never had any ich or species specific pests (AEFW, red bugs, black bugs, zoa eating nudibranchs, etc etc), but I do have bristleworms - I'm a fan of them - and occasionaly some aptasia. I can include a big handful of this for $5.00 with a phyto order.

CLEAN: I have a limited amount of clean chaeto I isolated over a year ago. After a number of freshwater dips and Bayer dips, it has been in my pod system with nothing but pods and rotifers. It grows pretty slowly in the pod system, so a small golf ball sized clump would be $10 with a phyto order.

If anyone wants some added to their phyto order, just let me know.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back