Fresh LIVE Phyto 8-Species Blend – FREE SHIPPING

darwindiaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this come well insulated. Reason Im asking is because Las Vegas weather is like a furnace right now.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Does this come well insulated. Reason Im asking is because Las Vegas weather is like a furnace right now.

Thanks for your interest. It is fairly will insulated, but to be honest, I can't do as much as I would for an overnight coral shipment without having costs get out of hand. Fortunately, it is a lot hardier than coral. It was pretty hot last week, and I only lost one shipment, so hopefully things will continue to work well.

If it is DOA, I will re-ship at my expense. I really appreciate everyone's support, and having people be happy with good phyto is really more important to me than the money. So, i will make sure everyone is satisfied.

If you would like to try some, I can still hook you up this week, just let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This stuff ships too insulated imo lol. If it was me I'd ship it in a zip lock bag :p. I feel like Dave spends $12 in supplies out of the $15 he charges. Comes in a sturdy sealed bottle, 3 layers of packing tape, insulating bubble wrap and then a sealed 100mm poly bag. This is then carefully placed in an insulated usps package envelope. Took me about 30 minutes to open it with a knife. Definitely buy with confidence tho.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This stuff ships too insulated imo lol. If it was me I'd ship it in a zip lock bag :p. I feel like Dave spends $12 in supplies out of the $15 he charges. Comes in a sturdy sealed bottle, 3 layers of packing tape, insulating bubble wrap and then a sealed 100mm poly bag. This is then carefully placed in an insulated usps package envelope. Took me about 30 minutes to open it with a knife. Definitely buy with confidence tho.

Thanks! I appreciate the review. I do try to package it well. Sorry for the unpacking hassle ;)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second what @Digitalfirex said above.

I've bought twice now from dave. Phyto is well packed, and certainly very much alive(had a peek under my scope to confirm). Buy with confidense your getting what your supposed to be getting unlike some other well know vendors. *cough algaebarn *cough*.

Dave certainly has my business as long as he keeps harvesting and shipping. Couldn't be easier then me sending a PM, Dave sending me a paypail invoice, me paying it, then in about 3 days I have a fresh bottle of phyto waiting for me in the mail.

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will give this a shot when my current bottle runs out. I really like the phyto from Reef Nutrition but have a hard time finding locally. This stuff looks super great too!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your feeding the "phyto feast live" from reef nutrition, your just adding dead material to your tank.

I've used algaebarn, reef nutrition, and some other brand(forget the name now), and have never seen a much better feeding response and overall healthier tank then about a week after starting with Daves live blend.

Even after a month and a half in my fridge(ordered way more then I needed the first go round), under a microscope some was still alive. Just need to shake the bottle daily to get the "sludge" off the bottom of the container.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. I’m glad everyone is happy, and appreciate the positive feedback. Thanks!

darwindiaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your interest. It is fairly will insulated, but to be honest, I can't do as much as I would for an overnight coral shipment without having costs get out of hand. Fortunately, it is a lot hardier than coral. It was pretty hot last week, and I only lost one shipment, so hopefully things will continue to work well.

If it is DOA, I will re-ship at my expense. I really appreciate everyone's support, and having people be happy with good phyto is really more important to me than the money. So, i will make sure everyone is satisfied.

If you would like to try some, I can still hook you up this week, just let me know.

Thanks,
Yah. I'd like to give it a shot. Lmk how to purchase

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great! It’s pretty simple. If you can PM me your PayPal email and the size you would like, I’ll send you an invoice.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All of the orders are shipped. Everyone should have received an email with a tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

TAKING ORDERS FOR NEXT WEEK. Harvest on Monday, ship on Tuesday. Sizes and prices are in the first post.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
TAKING ORDERS FOR NEXT WEEK. Harvest on Monday, ship on Tuesday. Sizes and prices are in the first post.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back