Fresh water dip

BlackPanther

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

I need your help, tomorrow I am buying 3 new fishes and I am going to add the to QT for the next month.

I have a question here:
when I do a fresh water dip how do I acclimate the water between (the packet they arrived in) and (after the dip when I am adding them to the QT) ?
I am just concerned about doing a freshwater dip then directly adding them to the QT without any acclimation process.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Mmun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

I need your help, tomorrow I am buying 3 new fishes and I am going to add the to QT for the next month.

I have a question here:
when I do a fresh water dip how do I acclimate the water between (the packet they arrived in) and (after the dip when I am adding them to the QT) ?
I am just concerned about doing a freshwater dip then directly adding them to the QT without any acclimation process.

Thanks in a
I would get a small heater and get your qt tank and your Rodi water for the dip at same temp. I have a small one I use to make the saltwater. It’s preset to 78. Then float the bag in qt. Then use a bucket or whatever with your rodi water for the dip.

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a small heater and get your qt tank and your Rodi water for the dip at same temp. I have a small one I use to make the saltwater. It’s preset to 78. Then float the bag in qt. Then use a bucket or whatever with your rodi water for the dip.

So the main factor here is the temperature more or less. I’ll make sure to level them when applying the dip and transfer then. Thank you!

Mmun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the main factor here is the temperature more or less. I’ll make sure to level them when applying the dip and transfer then. Thank you!
And ph. Have an air stone going during the dip. 3-5 min.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's @Humblefish 's complete how to do a freshwater dip with a video.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back