Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is freshwater. The title is already a warning . If you do not want to see freshwater click away.for Anyone interested you can continue reading :)

I used to own a nano reef fluval 13 gallon tank. It died over the summer and i turned it into a betta and dwarf puffer tank. I originally wanted to use a divider but after i finished setting it up and cycling around 2 months ago, one of the puffers escaped to the other side and he was completely fine. So i took the divider out and added more plants. Now the 4 pea puffers and my male betta are all doing awesome. The puffers come up to the rock to eat and my betta chases my finger like i trained him to. I also have a couple snails and a ghost shrimp and an Amano shrimp in there and literally everyone is doing awesome like never fighting. Any thoughts?

psphillies

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thoughts are once all the fish are fully mature it may change. I once has a dwarf puffer that was completely fine with tankmates for about 6 months and then turned into the devil

Jrain904

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Betta fish do a lot better in a community than people portray. In fact its usually other fish nipping a bettas long fins that is the problem rather than betta "aggression".

If I am surprised at all by your tank its that your puffers are not nipping at the bettas fins.

OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Betta fish do a lot better in a community than people portray. In fact its usually other fish nipping a bettas long fins that is the problem rather than betta "aggression".

If I am surprised at all by your tank its that your puffers are not nipping at the bettas fins.
Yeah I was also surprised about that.

AquaCave

How do I get smarter in the hobby?

• Experiment with reefing

Votes: 162 57.0%
  • Read books

Votes: 107 37.7%
  • Subscribe to magazines

Votes: 53 18.7%
  • Read Reef2Reef

Votes: 221 77.8%
  • Talk to other reefers