Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is freshwater. The title is already a warning . If you do not want to see freshwater click away.for Anyone interested you can continue reading :)

I used to own a nano reef fluval 13 gallon tank. It died over the summer and i turned it into a betta and dwarf puffer tank. I originally wanted to use a divider but after i finished setting it up and cycling around 2 months ago, one of the puffers escaped to the other side and he was completely fine. So i took the divider out and added more plants. Now the 4 pea puffers and my male betta are all doing awesome. The puffers come up to the rock to eat and my betta chases my finger like i trained him to. I also have a couple snails and a ghost shrimp and an Amano shrimp in there and literally everyone is doing awesome like never fighting. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only problem was once when I forgot to feed my betta for a few days he ate a ghost shrimp.

psphillies

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thoughts are once all the fish are fully mature it may change. I once has a dwarf puffer that was completely fine with tankmates for about 6 months and then turned into the devil

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Betta fish do a lot better in a community than people portray. In fact its usually other fish nipping a bettas long fins that is the problem rather than betta "aggression".

If I am surprised at all by your tank its that your puffers are not nipping at the bettas fins.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Betta fish do a lot better in a community than people portray. In fact its usually other fish nipping a bettas long fins that is the problem rather than betta "aggression".

If I am surprised at all by your tank its that your puffers are not nipping at the bettas fins.
Yeah I was also surprised about that.

Kaysea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very surprised your betta is not finless, be careful in my experience each time I had dwarf puffers they were model citizens till they reached maturity...

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back