ZomboMeme 22102020190124.jpg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I have been browsing this forum for a few months now and took the plunge in making an account. I have been part of MANY forums over the years( I have entirely too many hobbies lol) but this one seems to be one of the best and such a great community!

I started a thread over in the New to Saltwater section to try and figure out what my plan of attack will be. If you have a chance give it a look and any helpful pointers will be much appreciated.

Welcome to the channel.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!

One small thing to think about on the size of the tank since you said you wanted mostly fish/livestock with some softies, please consider that system size is going to be the #1 consideration for most fish (and #of fish). So if you know you want a tang/angel or something else wicked cool, you will have to go bigger just for that fish!

I’ve always had smaller tanks so NOT being able to get those cool fish is something that has always kinda sucked haha! (Love my nano fish tho!)

GL man, you will love reefin!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome good to have you on deck here! Reef2Reef is a great place to be to meet people with similar interests as yourself and gain tons of knowledge about the hobby!

If you get a chance check out my YouTube channel I have episodes about R2R itself, and just my reefing journey in general! Hope to hear from you soon and welcome again!

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I have been browsing this forum for a few months now and took the plunge in making an account. I have been part of MANY forums over the years( I have entirely too many hobbies lol) but this one seems to be one of the best and such a great community!

I started a thread over in the New to Saltwater section to try and figure out what my plan of attack will be. If you have a chance give it a look and any helpful pointers will be much appreciated.
Welcome aboard r2r brother much luck to you

OP
OP
GermanDreams

GermanDreams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I did a Red Sea Reefer 170 which was $2500 all in excluding display lighting, rock, controller and livestock. I had an extra Radion pro, apex JR (from a FW tank), and live rock which I used so that saved some $$$. Also used the main sump chamber as a refugium which saved a few $$$ on not having a skimmer. This was all new equipment. You can save a ton finding something slightly used:). I have two other tanks that I didn't go the AIO route. There are some nice aspects of AIO design that are hard to beat but others I would have done differently if not an AIO. Overall very happy with the Red Sea. I wasn't a fan of the MDF either, but I figured it was a small tank so wasn't too worried about it. With that said it was engineered better than the MDF stuff I had seen before.

I have looked a ton at red sea. I don't mind spending money on a quality product but also want to make sure I spend money wisely.

How is the laminate vinyl on the stand seem to be?

OP
OP
GermanDreams

GermanDreams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome good to have you on deck here! Reef2Reef is a great place to be to meet people with similar interests as yourself and gain tons of knowledge about the hobby!

If you get a chance check out my YouTube channel I have episodes about R2R itself, and just my reefing journey in general! Hope to hear from you soon and welcome again!

Appreciate the link! I'll check it out!

OP
OP
GermanDreams

GermanDreams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so crazy to be part of a forum that shows so much love ! This is hands down my favorite forum of all times !

After lots of thinking I decided on a AIO for my first tank. I know some will advise against it but my plan is to do a fish only or a FOWLR tank. A AIO should be perfect for a beginner with that type of setup. I also am going to wait till black friday to see what type of deals I can get on a tank and the needed startup equipment.

I really like the value and quality of JBJ 65, cadlights SAIO 75 gallon but if red sea or waterbox has good deals I'll pick one of those up. Once orders have been made I will start up a build tread! Thanks for everyones help!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back