Friday Fortunes: The BEST reefing deals!

Would you be interested in a forum dedicated to just sharing the best and latest deals?

• YES

Votes: 404 70.9%
  • NO

Votes: 86 15.1%
  • MAYBE

Votes: 78 13.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one further thought-- 20% off is most likely an across the board manufacturers deal, available everywhere. Maybe the new Forum could encourage postings that exceed 20% off (?), as it then likely is a real secret sale / hidden find. :)

One add-on to that, though, is that those kind of sales might actually be breaking agreements that the retailer has with the vendor, and . As consumers, that doesn't matter to us, but it could get a retailer in trouble with a vendor (especially a MAP vendor) if their secret sale gets back to the manufacturer, which could in turn result in that retailer losing the right to sell those items. For example, there's a certain item I picked up for my tank (a rather integral item to my build... perhaps the single most important item) that I'll never publicly say what I paid for it, because it was likely significantly below MAP, and I don't want to get the retailer in trouble by dropping even a breadcrumb of evidence. Most likely nothing would happen if I did, but would hate to put a retailer in hot water unnecessarily.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting @Biokabe. I follow that. I guess I had in mind more publicly available information where word simply isn't out there in time for the sale. Like 2-for-1 buckets of salt, for instance, where the sale is a 24-hour or Flash sale. As for your secrets... "I know NOTHING!" :p

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are running a sale on dry goods and livestock at up to 20% off and 5 times reward points. Thanks for supporting our small business for the past 16 years!

I hope everyone has a nice Independence Day weekend!

Aquarium 4th of July Slider (2).png

Simplicity Summer Sale.png

1625175118.png

maleshka21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TGIF Folks! Hope it's been a great week and here's to a great weekend! Today let's do something a little different and talk about all the good deals in the aquarium industry you have found as of late! Please keep this thread positive as this is meant to discuss the GOOD or GREAT deals in the industry right now whether it be livestock, equipment or drygoods. Who has a sale, who has deals? Tell us!

1. What's the best deals you have found lately in the industry? Could be livestock, equipment or drygoods!

2. Would you guys be interested in a forum here on R2R dedicated to just sharing the best and latest deals and buys?

BEST DEALS REEFING copy.jpg
I get the best customer services Marinepleasures (https://marinepleasures.com/) and most beautiful corals. All comes from QT and reasonable price. I think it's a great idea :)

Cary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i found a new light on Amazon Called the Smatfarm G5 it is basically a mix of a hydra and a noopsyche and it is amazing! I have been running them on less than 40 percent for a month now and i had to turn th down due to the corals getting too much light. They have 6 channel control with ramping and they come with mount arms. Feel very solid and are working like a champ. So for 110 bucks a piece you really cant go wrong. I have 4 mounted on 180 gallon. The last pic is is with all the Blue and uv spectrums running at 30 percent the green red and whites are at 0.
Can you add the link?

Massic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have actually started recently with Canada adding two sponsors. We're looking to move forward with other countries so thanks for the bump!

!

I missed this announcement. Who are your new Canadian sponsors? Not asking for a friend.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think there were many deals in the industry. All MAP pricing and 10% off bs. With the brs and marine depot consolidation id expect even less

Massic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think there were many deals in the industry. All MAP pricing and 10% off bs. With the brs and marine depot consolidation id expect even less
Depends on how the forum is used, although admittedly hardware is on sale/for substantial markdowns far less often. If you go local comparing price points for different regional livestock suppliers you can find some gems though. An actual example in my area for Dragon Soul Torches was ($CAD);

Shop A - $250 for 2 heads
Shop B - $199 for 1 head
Shop C - $99 for 1 head down from $150, price held for about a month

Shop C has a very good reputation in my area, just not necessarily the traffic that would make the $99 dragon soul torch commonly known about. I found it, bought it, and am happy with it.

Another example using regular/non-sale prices:
Money Cowries are $9.99 most places, one store has them for $4.99
Banded Trochus are $9.99 most places, one store has them for $5.99

All this stuff is shared on my local reefing forum, but there's only about 8-12 regularly active members whereas R2R has much higher traffic. Saving a little money on livestock makes the gear a little more accessible.

Riqaq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted other. Whilst I really enjoy looking at the beautiful livestock on sale, it is a bit of a bitter-sweet experience, living in Europe some of us can only look in the cake-shop window and do the best with what we can get our hands on.

If any of the shops have the ability to send to Europe, that would be really nice to know.

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine depot had Maxcap 90 RODI units with dual TDS meters for $197, but don’t know how many were left. Same unit was 4 bills at Amazon.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering whether all the filters BRS sells also fit the MD units— or will people who buy MD units in the liquidation sale be ‘stuck’ looking for filter cartridges in the future?

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering whether all the filters BRS sells also fit the MD units— or will people who buy MD units in the liquidation sale be ‘stuck’ looking for filter cartridges in the future?
The internals are all interchangeable with the exception of the quick change ones by AquaticLife. The outer canisters and caps may not be, as there are at least 3 different manufactures and each makes them a little different.

Diesel 2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! There is a place near me that called Pacific East Acua culture. They are located in mardela springs MD. They have some of the most beautiful corals I've ever seen! Their prices can be a bit high but the quality is awesome and they have weekly deals on frags and stuff that makes it worth the drive which is only about an hour for me so it's great and the owner is very friendly and seems to really enjoy helping and giving advice. Especially for reef dummies like me. Lol! They do alot of online sales and stuff as well. LOVE THAT PLACE!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back