Friday Funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From "Cats With Hands" by Joe Martin
www.mrboffo.com

tmcat021002_zpsgedeybgc.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b99814f73bb5ee2b7fbcb0ffc6a068531f8b60a9_zpsqm0m8ppd.jpg

Here's a crazy story:

Joe Martin is a cartoonist and my brother in law. In the mid 1980s he wrote a spoof book on hanging spoons. After the book was published it was sold in bookstores, often displayed at the checkout at university bookstores. I had never heard of hanging spoons before. One night while at his house after dinner we started playing around with trying to hang spoons and I discovered I could hand a lot of spoons on my face, a lot.

So, Joe asked me to join him at bookstores around Chicago to promote the book. It was fun. We did battling spoons, the 30 second challenge to passersby to see if anyone could beat me in how many spoons they could hang on their face, etc. CNN picked up on the promotion and did a story about me and spoon hanging, this was when CNN was the big network for news. All the local TV stations in Chicago reran the CNN story and Joe and I were invited to do a talk show, the 330 show, in Los Angeles. I remember being so nevous doing a live TV show with all the hot lights and the spoons rattling on my face from nerves! I recall a very reluctant soap opera star being on the show that was non to pleased with me trying to get her to hang a spoon--boy talk about being stuck up. A TV game show producer from Japan saw that show and flew me to Tokyo to do a What's My Line style game show. They were obsessed with me breaking my record, so in their TV studios they filmed me for a couple hours until I was able to hang 27 spoons on my face, with a beard at the time. Anyway, we never did pursue it beyond that, but hanging spoons did give my 15 minutes of fame. Crazy huh??

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back