Friend is giving me a bubble tip for my nano good/ bad idea ?

fozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all My friend is giving me one of his bubble tip anemone , I have a small hammer coral and a toadatool And a couple of mushrooms, I have a 14 gallon nano and everything is going great but I no anemone move around the tank and sting other corals, question is .... is it worth it ?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all My friend is giving me one of his bubble tip anemone , I have a small hammer coral and a toadatool And a couple of mushrooms, I have a 14 gallon nano and everything is going great but I no anemone move around the tank and sting other corals, question is .... is it worth it ?
As long as your tank is ready for a nem it comes down to personal choice. It may wander around. It will eventually settle down though. However if you don't have a mature system I wouldn't get it either way. Nems require an aged tank, good lighting and stable parameters.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some folks regret adding BTA bc they split (sometimes often) and can quickly overtake ur tank... I'm currently facing this predicament and have too many BTA's that move and sting other corals. If u don't really have keen interest in one, then I'd recommend staying away.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being worth it depends on so many factors .
how stable is your tank ?
Lighting sufficient to support a anemone ?
Are you prepared to cover all pumps with some sort of guards ?

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a mature bta easily get 12" across and need stable water, decent lighting and flow.
aside from that, whether or not you want to occupy your entire nano with a single coral is up to you.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back