Friend or foe ?

Robert1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new tank has been clearing up nicely. On the back side of my main tank feature, I found a long white "worm". I thought it was debris, but when I tried to scoop it out, it burrowed into the sand, and now I realize that I have seen 20' of these creatures in the water where I goatherd my starter water. I am unable to ID this creature so I don't know if it's detrimental or beneficial . A;so, several small Sea Anemones are sprouting up. Advise please.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new tank has been clearing up nicely. On the back side of my main tank feature, I found a long white "worm". I thought it was debris, but when I tried to scoop it out, it burrowed into the sand, and now I realize that I have seen 20' of these creatures in the water where I goatherd my starter water. I am unable to ID this creature so I don't know if it's detrimental or beneficial . A;so, several small Sea Anemones are sprouting up. Advise please.
Any pics

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really have trouble taking clear images of anything in my tank. Everything shows up blue.

All I have seen at my "Beach" is a very long white noodle, I am talking meters long.No distinct beginning or end, Maybe 1/8" thick.
Flip on the whites.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little anemones aremost likely aptasia or majanos. Need a pic for the worm...

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ocean? Possibly nematodes. I use to collect sand and water from the beach here in Florida. I had all kinds of worms in the sand that I'm pretty sure were nematodes.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back