frog fish fish compatability?

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i will soon get a 75 gallon reef tank, and was hoping for a small frogfish from liveaquaria. What fish are compatible with it? are occelaris clowns ok? tangs are probably fine i think, but i am just worried i will have some of my fish missing if i get a frogfish. Could somebody write a list of fish ok with it? Thanks.

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i will soon get a 75 gallon reef tank, and was hoping for a small frogfish from liveaquaria. What fish are compatible with it? are occelaris clowns ok? tangs are probably fine i think, but i am just worried i will have some of my fish missing if i get a frogfish. Could somebody write a list of fish ok with it? Thanks.
i dont think so ocelaris clown can be small tang will probably be fine if they are big but frogfish are expensive to feed normally and they can eat thing bigger than themselves but they can be stubborn i have heard of them choking and dying when they try to eat something big

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
um i not too sure i mean they could go for anything but they could hurt like I said so something like probably 1.5-2 times larger than it but then It could get picked on so I'm not sure also keep the tank mates neutral for other species like tang don't commonly attack other fish mainly tangs so tank mates need to be chill

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take some time to do your own research, I have alot of information on most of the fish you have been asking about. If you click my name and "find all threads" it wouldn't take you too long to figure out if these fish are going to be right for you. Most of the species you've mentioned takes special care and dedication, if you are going to keep any of them alive, it starts with your own research into their care.

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take some time to do your own research, I have alot of information on most of the fish you have been asking about. If you click my name and "find all threads" it wouldn't take you too long to figure out if these fish are going to be right for you. Most of the species you've mentioned takes special care and dedication, if you are going to keep any of them alive, it starts with your own research into their care.
i agree with him dont just go off of these threads look online everywhere look at their feeding it can be expensive when they only eat live food though I have seen people feed their frogfish freshwater fish so they cant have parasites in them that can survive in saltwater but that's just what is have seen

MS38

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a golden eel with two frogfish that are both 2 to 3 inches and they all doing great, but I have had my frogfish eat a damsel almost his size. So... I would recommend to keep it to predatory fish as they tend to avoid eating each other in my experience.

Back