frogfish tank mate question...

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would a frogfish in a 125 g mixed reef be able to live with a 4 inch pufferfish (saddle valentini toby) and a longnose hawkfish?

alpha199

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how big the frogfish is. If it fits in its mouth then no. Also, if you have inverts they are on the chopping block too.

alpha199

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are only concerned with those two fish then my money is yes they will be fine.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a leaf scorpionfish eat the longnose hawkfish and puffer?

A leaf scorp would be fine as long as they aren't super big to start, they have relatively small mouths, and potential food needs to fit in thier mouth. The saddle valrntini usually makes a good tank mate, not nippy as the other puffer I mentioned. Leaf scorps are challenging to feed and usually don't live long on a dead only diet. You can find info on many of the fish you've been mentioning by clicking my name and "find all threads".

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A leaf scorp would be fine as long as they aren't super big to start, they have relatively small mouths, and potential food needs to fit in thier mouth. The saddle valrntini usually makes a good tank mate, not nippy as the other puffer I mentioned. Leaf scorps are challenging to feed and usually don't live long on a dead only diet. You can find info on many of the fish you've been mentioning by clicking my name and "find all threads".
would a leaf fish eat clownfish and gobues

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would a leaf fish eat clownfish and gobues

Clown gobies yes, but as long as properly sized not gobies like a watchman and similar. Same with clowns, they just need to be too large to eat from the beginning, the leaf scorp does grow slowly so you don't have to worry about them getting bigger and eating them at a later date.

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown gobies yes, but as long as properly sized not gobies like a watchman and similar. Same with clowns, they just need to be too large to eat from the beginning, the leaf scorp does grow slowly so you don't have to worry about them getting bigger and eating them at a later date.
would maroon clownfish be ok with a volitan?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back