Frogspawn retracted

Lalaallieu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frogspawn in my tank. It’s absolutely beautiful. I added some new corals yesterday, and then I added some extra flow with a new power head. Now my frogspawn won’t come out even after turning the power head off. It was in the same location but still retracted so I moved it. Getting ready to do a water change today with the kids go down. Insights on what’s wrong? Before and current pictures posted. The zoas next to it haven’t came out but they are new. When I unpacked them they had some stringy stuff coming out and the seller said they were stressed. They still haven’t come out though.

Lauren

3026F7D3-CC6D-462A-80C4-2CEFB747970A.jpeg image.jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters?
That rock is extremely white so I’m assuming a new tank. It’s common in newer tanks to see this. Parameters swing and bacteria and other microorganisms start to take hold. If it is indeed a new tank, I’d advise to let it cycle through a bit more and then add corals after.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals like this will hide (retract) when they sense danger. I find that, over night they sort of reset themselves and are fine the next day

Seadoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your water parameters to see if something is out of normal (temp, pH, salinity, ammonia, NO2, NO3). Was any water that came with the corals added to your system? How long has it been in the new flow?

OP
OP
Lalaallieu

Lalaallieu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water parameters. My lfs told me reed crystals were bad so I returned a huge bucket of them and bought fritz rpm in the small bag for $30. My ph is very low and salinity is high. I’ve struggled a lot with my ph being low. When I first started I was using regular instant ocean and I finally got a good ph reading with the reef crystals but my lfs said they are very inconsistent so to return them and buy fritz. But the same people told me this man made rock ruined 2,000 dollars of corals. So there’s that.

1B973EB9-F83A-4F13-BAA2-DFB49092DC59.jpeg

Back