Frogspawn SPAWNS at Corals.com! Caught on Video!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Corals.com

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was an amazing day today for us at Corals.com to get to witness
the spawning of one of our Purple Frogspawn Corals! We had noticed
that some of the tips on this particular Frogspawn were light pink, while
they are normally light purple. Being that the purple tips/tentacles are somewhat
transparent and the eggs are white, this seemed to create the pink coloration that we saw.

As soon as we picked the coral up, we could see it was releasing egg after egg into
the water! We're so blessed to have been able to witness one of our corals reproducing
before our eyes! This happened early in the morning, when our lights were in their blue phase.

On a side note, we're currently growing out around 12 Torch corals that were the result
of spawning in our systems, so we're excited to see what comes of this! Here's a video
we took and posted on our social media today. You can see the tiny white eggs floating
around in the water around the frogspawn, especially against the backdrop of the black
gloves we had on. We've also posted a couple links below to the Torch spawning event that happened
twice and resulted in baby torch!

Thanks for checking this out and we'll be sure to post a follow up
down the road if anything transpires!

TORCH SPAWNING LINKS:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/b...s-com-check-out-these-videos-and-pics.710001/

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/t...k-these-little-torch-out.759202/#post-7982401

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back