From 1400litres to 100, my first YouTube video

discovermarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I thought I would try my hand at documenting my latest journey with a Red Sea MAX NANO.
Previosuly, I had 1400litre fish only system and decided that it was time for a new challenge!
I’ve never kept sps and figured that documenting my challenges via reef2reef and YouTube would be a great fun as the reefing community has always been good to me!
If you have the time to check out my first video, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks so much - drop any comments you have! :)

7A8572AE-520E-4707-B172-1050DE37C4DC.jpeg

OP
OP
discovermarine

discovermarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also curious at this, if so then what fish do you plan for?
Will there be fish in the SPS tank as well?
Hi! Thanks for the questions! I would love to have fish alongside the SPS however due to the small size of the tank I will have to go carefully. I plan to be using 2kg of bio home ultimate which apparently will give a full cycle with small bioload.

I have been looking in to Live Aquarias Nano section as a starting point. Clownfish are the usual go to, but I do think it would be cool to have a system that has some fish that aren’t too popular in the UK. Three fish that I’m researching from Live Aquarias page are the Exquisite Firefish, Helfrichi's Firefish and selection of reef safe goby. Basslets are also appealing as they give that pop of colour!

Due to the size of the tank I’d obviously be sticking small stocking Eg - one Firefish, one to two nano goby, depending on the size .

I’m new to a tank this size though, so by all
means please help me out and drop any advice or suggestions you have! I’m still planning and looking to be inspired on the livestock front so any feedback you have would be awesome!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Thanks for the questions! I would love to have fish alongside the SPS however due to the small size of the tank I will have to go carefully. I plan to be using 2kg of bio home ultimate which apparently will give a full cycle with small bioload.

I have been looking in to Live Aquarias Nano section as a starting point. Clownfish are the usual go to, but I do think it would be cool to have a system that has some fish that aren’t too popular in the UK. Three fish that I’m researching from Live Aquarias page are the Exquisite Firefish, Helfrichi's Firefish and selection of reef safe goby. Basslets are also appealing as they give that pop of colour!

Due to the size of the tank I’d obviously be sticking small stocking Eg - one Firefish, one to two nano goby, depending on the size .

I’m new to a tank this size though, so by all
means please help me out and drop any advice or suggestions you have! I’m still planning and looking to be inspired on the livestock front so any feedback you have would be awesome!
I’ve had the same size tank with unusual fish so, here’s what I ended up with in the whole time it was set up;
- Pseudocheilinops ataenia (Pink Streak - Pyjama - Wrasse)
- Trimma tevegae (Tevegae Pygmy/Nano Goby) pair
- Gobiodon acicularis (Midnight Coral Goby)
- Discordipinna griesisngeri (Griessingers/Flaming Prawn Goby)
- Stonogobiops yasha (Clown Hi-Fin Goby)
- Escenius lineatus (Linear Blenny)

OP
OP
discovermarine

discovermarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for that list! Excellent choices I bet it was a cool lively tank.
I’m really digging the goby choices and it’s great to see a pink steel wrasse is possible! Wrasse do always bring a level of activity to a reef that’s hard to beat!
I’m going to do some research on these fish and try formulate some stocking ideas. Thanks again!

OP
OP
discovermarine

discovermarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the same size tank with unusual fish so, here’s what I ended up with in the whole time it was set up;
- Pseudocheilinops ataenia (Pink Streak - Pyjama - Wrasse)
- Trimma tevegae (Tevegae Pygmy/Nano Goby) pair
- Gobiodon acicularis (Midnight Coral Goby)
- Discordipinna griesisngeri (Griessingers/Flaming Prawn Goby)
- Stonogobiops yasha (Clown Hi-Fin Goby)
- Escenius lineatus (Linear Blenny)
Thank you so much for that list! Excellent choices I bet it was a cool lively tank.
I’m really digging the goby choices and it’s great to see a pink steel wrasse is possible! Wrasse do always bring a level of activity to a reef that’s hard to beat!
I’m going to do some research on these fish and try formulate some stocking ideas. Thanks again!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back