From Catastrophe to Creation: 300g Glass Cages "The Fringe"

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dom - thank you for the thoughtful response, and for stopping by. I got goosebumps when Joe texted me the completed pictures. I'm in a home now, so no plans to move for a long while.... will be plenty of time for this one to cook. Take care!
Oh that would 100% be a text that gives you goosebumps! Just wait till it shows up at your door though!! :D haha (Hopefully Joe doesn't make you do the heavy lifting though ;Hilarious ) glad to hear you've got your own place now too! Such an amazing feeling! It's going to be a super fun build man, I'm looking forward to it!

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah I would wait a cpl week just to be on the safe side. that will give you time to time to get the stand in place and aqua scape a few tries. if you are like me it takes a few times.

True - I'm sure Joe will let me know! I'll need to let it sit anyways for a bit - I've got to paint the bottom of the tank, and put some leveling epoxy on the top of the stand. And nah, I've planned out the aquascape already... I just couldn't help myself. Maybe a teaser later....

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True - I'm sure Joe will let me know! I'll need to let it sit anyways for a bit - I've got to paint the bottom of the tank, and put some leveling epoxy on the top of the stand. And nah, I've planned out the aquascape already... I just couldn't help myself. Maybe a teaser later....
you will be ready to roll!

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Couple pics of part of the future scape. This part is composed of 3 x 50lb rocks. It will be the largest structure, about 3.5 ft across. It will go up against the overflow box on the right hand side of the tank....

EBF26B45-832A-4E5E-BF1D-9E2D65FC5AAB.jpeg

F27FB2E3-D300-4AE7-A605-1A635CB1E111.jpeg

A489843B-55C4-4FCE-84B7-DBB10A62C626.jpeg

E321C5A6-3B50-4348-9ECA-DD5296289FBD.jpeg

4C5DA999-2072-4C8B-BBEC-A030FE5768FD.jpeg

Last edited:

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe - I'm sorry for breaking my promise and not calling. Super busy day today - setting time aside for tomorrow morning to finish the details with you. I can't wait!
oh stop that. We are on island time here... we build aquariums with passion! All good!

U

User1

View Badges
I ordered a 300 from Joe last week. He was painting a door and trying to eat a couple cheeseburgers but took my call. I think he billed me for the cheeseburgers! Hopefully the quality follows the good experience I had with Joe.

Lol. Funny.

I have been toying with a few upgrade thoughts and was going to reach out via email and see what they come up with. I sent a email message to the team that built my last tank about two weeks ago but not heard back. I'll try here and one other place and see how they compare. I'm at 210 gallons now and thinking 300 - 350 since all of my equipment will carry forward without issues.

Hope all is well and enjoy the thread!

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Funny.

I have been toying with a few upgrade thoughts and was going to reach out via email and see what they come up with. I sent a email message to the team that built my last tank about two weeks ago but not heard back. I'll try here and one other place and see how they compare. I'm at 210 gallons now and thinking 300 - 350 since all of my equipment will carry forward without issues.

Hi @saf1, I am available. available most all the time. Let me know how we can help.

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol. Funny.

Hi @saf1 - this makes me happy to hear. I hope you were able to at least glance at some of the reasons I went with Glass Cages. At the end of the day, it is impossible for me to look away from someone or a company who truly owns their craft, and is committed to "WOW" the customer. As a person who welcomes critical feedback from his superiors as well as his subordinates, with the aim of learning from failures, and development through empowerment - the choice is simple for me.

I am excited for you to chat with Joe - I think you will find his attention and acknowledgement, refreshing. Best of luck with your upgrade and decision - I know how exciting it can be. Keep us updated, and post a link to your build thread when you get it going.

Cheers!

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it is impossible for me to look away from someone or a company who truly owns their craft, and is committed to "WOW" the customer. As a person who welcomes critical feedback from his superiors as well as his subordinates, with the aim of learning from failures, and development through empowerment - the choice is simple for me.

Speaking of "WOW-ing" the customer.... Today I got a text from Joe asking if it was acceptable to release "The Fringe" to the shipping company, who would coordinate delivery. Literally within hours, I received a phone call from R+L ; the conversation went like this....

R+L Rep: Hi, can I speak with Mr. Dodge please?

Me: This is he

R+L Rep: We are calling to set up delivery of your package. I believe it is, um, an aquarium. Right now we are able to deliver within 2 - 5 days, and we will provide a 1 hour delivery window.

Me: Oh, that is awesome. Can we do Monday?

R+L Rep: Well, we thought Saturday may be more convenient, would the work for you?

Me: :oops: . Well, I am going to be out of town on Saturday, is there a different day we could do?

R+L Rep: How about Wednesday?

Me: **Checks phone**. Sure, the 15th will work.

R+L Rep: No, I mean Wednesday, the day after tomorrow.

Me: ;Dead
**wakes up** Yes, that would be Great!!!!

R+L Rep: Great. We will arrive between 11am and 1pm. Our driver will call you when they are 1 hours away. Thank you.

So..... Not only is Glass Cages working around a 4-5 week lead time, but their shippers are working on as little as a 2 day delivery time.

I continue to be amazed.....

Thank you @Joe Glass Cages !

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can smeeelllllll the salt dust from mixing and filling the tank now!! :D

Oh man - every day gets more and more exciting. I need to hurry up and build the floating canopy for this thing! How is the builder outpacing me??? Thanks for dropping by!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.6%
Back