From nothing, to 180g to nano. The hobby takes hold.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man what a sweet deal! Can’t wait to see what you do with it!
EA84CCE0-44D1-4C02-8F19-CB0CC5391A74.jpeg

OP
OP
Ta2oodfreak

Ta2oodfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Wow, what incredible items to be given! I can tell you appreciate how fortunate you are. A custom teak stand that large sounds unusual— snap a picture for us! And enjoy your system!
The stand that was made for the lights is all teak. Anything else would rot due to the environmental challenges of the light, heat and saltwater. Ill take some additional pics for you. I honestly had no idea how much value there is to this set up but was extremely grateful. But now they got me hooked on this whole thing! plus the kids love it.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, been lurking for the past few months and finally decided to jump in.
I was given a very established 180G set up from a close friend. It included everything from lights to sump. Some of the goodies included 3 Radion xr30w's on a custom teak stand, K2 reactor, eshopps protein skimmer and plenty of other good stuff. Also a 65 gallon mixing station, chiller and lots of pvc fittings.
The only livestock remaining was a chromis and engineer goby along with 3 bubble tip anemones.
After breaking down, transportation of all the water and rock and getting it home and set up I had a sore back and the tank up and running.
I have added a variety of easy fish and came across some good deals on corals through private sales.
What I didn't know is how addictive this would become and now I started a nano reef as a quarantine and grow out tank as well.
So here we are.....stay tuned for the nano build and lots of questions that have probably been asked before!

20201122_174411.jpg
Hello and welcome, looks great.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A belated . . . . . . .

welcome51.gif

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club! Now you need a second job to fund the addiction. Lol! Thats what my wife tells me.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, been lurking for the past few months and finally decided to jump in.
I was given a very established 180G set up from a close friend. It included everything from lights to sump. Some of the goodies included 3 Radion xr30w's on a custom teak stand, K2 reactor, eshopps protein skimmer and plenty of other good stuff. Also a 65 gallon mixing station, chiller and lots of pvc fittings.
The only livestock remaining was a chromis and engineer goby along with 3 bubble tip anemones.
After breaking down, transportation of all the water and rock and getting it home and set up I had a sore back and the tank up and running.
I have added a variety of easy fish and came across some good deals on corals through private sales.
What I didn't know is how addictive this would become and now I started a nano reef as a quarantine and grow out tank as well.
So here we are.....stay tuned for the nano build and lots of questions that have probably been asked before!

20201122_174411.jpg
Welcome! Nice tank!

whale GIF

Back