OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built a stand today too, but not for a reef. We ended up kind of rescuing a second bearded dragon today. Completely unexpected and unplanned. The stand is bare bones, I still have to put a skin on. But it will get both of the tanks in one place.

6DAFF74F-7E60-4D75-A62C-3FDBDE0F4751.jpeg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built a stand today too, but not for a reef. We ended up kind of rescuing a second bearded dragon today. Completely unexpected and unplanned. The stand is bare bones, I still have to put a skin on. But it will get both of the tanks in one place.

6DAFF74F-7E60-4D75-A62C-3FDBDE0F4751.jpeg

Very cool! Maybe you'll end up with an unexpected and unplanned Bearded Dragon family!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I'm tempted to do this, but I don't know that I have the pod population to support the leopard and these two.

Capture.PNG

That would be a big gamble but you could also supplement with a BBS feeder.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BBS feeder? please share, I'm not sure what you are referring to.

It would be a gamble, and I'm just not sure it's one I'm willing to make. I want to add a mandarin at some point and the reds are nice fish, but a pair is even tougher. I'm going to think on it, and if I end up talking myself into it maybe they will be snatched up already.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BBS feeder = Baby Brine Shrimp feeder. I have one in .stl files that can be 3D printed.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BBS feeder = Baby Brine Shrimp feeder. I have one in .stl files that can be 3D printed.
Ahhh ok. I'm still thinking on it, I can usually talk myself out of spending that much on anything aquatic. With the exception of my golden dwarf, nothing in my tank was expensive, as far as fish are concerned.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh ok. I'm still thinking on it, I can usually talk myself out of spending that much on anything aquatic. With the exception of my golden dwarf, nothing in my tank was expensive, as far as fish are concerned.

I think they prefer being called "golden little fish."

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, yes I do. That's the problem.

If I'm being honest, a pair of red mandarins are the whole reason I'm doing my current upgrade;Hilarious;Hilarious haven't really decided on any other live stock and might not even get anything else aside from the two mandarins and my clowns. But I agree you can always add a feeder if you look into @Paul B s brine shrimp feeder it will give you a good idea of what we are talking about. He feeds his mandys and pipefish using this method to supplement there diet:)

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm being honest, a pair of red mandarins are the whole reason I'm doing my current upgrade;Hilarious;Hilarious haven't really decided on any other live stock and might not even get anything else aside from the two mandarins and my clowns. But I agree you can always add a feeder if you look into @Paul B s brine shrimp feeder it will give you a good idea of what we are talking about. He feeds his mandys and pipefish using this method to supplement there diet:)
Well I may have enough to get away with it. I have no idea how heavy the population is, I just know it's supporting the leopard just fine. I pulled a frag out the other day and about a dozen went running off.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I may have enough to get away with it. I have no idea how heavy the population is, I just know it's supporting the leopard just fine. I pulled a frag out the other day and about a dozen went running off.

Wait till lights out and shine a flashlight on your tank, a real easy way to see how many you have. They prefer to come out after lights out

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back