Frostbite clowns as 1st fish

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my patience has paid off, my fishless cycle I believe is complete.
I purposely turned off wave maker and let my aquarium run slowly with just my cannister filter and surface skimmer on (to oxygenate) for two days I have had 0 or close ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite, I see the frustration now using API test kits as they go off the charts even when a small amount is present, I used Dr timms amoninium chloride yesterday and today my test was high (purple and red) so only shows presence but not accurately showing.
I think I am going to leave it for one more week to ensure its stable enough maybe try ghost feeding?
I am creating a list to introduce life in my aquarium, my 1st is a pair of frostbite clowns, they are beautiful , has anyone introduced these first? I don't want to go 'common' as I have high expectations of my aquarium, Also these fish are quite small maybe 5cm I'm worried they will get churned up in my wavemaker, would a filter bag work over my wavemaker

IMG20210605202500.jpg IMG20210605202500.jpg IMG20210605202500.jpg

Got2bSkUnKeD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re not blowing sand everywhere then they’ll probably be fine. My pair is very “shimmy” anyway. If you’re hosting them in an anemone, it will migrate to where it’s happy, and they will follow

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frostbite clowns are no more difficult than any other oscillaris. Clowns are pretty hardy and easy to keep. What size tank is it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick's Reviews

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re not blowing sand everywhere then they’ll probably be fine. My pair is very “shimmy” anyway. If you’re hosting them in an anemone, it will migrate to where it’s happy, and they will fol
Depends, How big is that?
In terms of volume...
Unsure what you mean but aquarium is 44g 200 litre and wave maker is jaebo sw-4

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were smaller than 5cm when I added them to my 75L as my first fish. They are rocking' and rollin' and getting fat.

lousy pic but....

Attachments

• Side shot.jpg
    Side shot.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
Rick's Reviews

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frostbite clowns are no more difficult than any other oscillaris. Clowns are pretty hardy and easy to keep. What size tank is it, and how small are the clowns?
My tank is 200litres 44g. What makes them more difficult to keep please, I don't want to add two common clowns, I am only looking for a fish only, as my tank stands fishless I can adjust to accommodate anything

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 200litres 44g. What makes them more difficult to keep please, I don't want to add two common clowns, I am only looking for a fish only, as my tank stands fishless I can adjust to accommodate anything
No, I was saying that they’re not any tougher to keep than a regular ocillaris clown. They’re a good 1st fish to put in your tank.

OP
OP
Rick's Reviews

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1more week to ensure my tank is good, not many places in Nottingham to find frostbite clown fish but I am a patient man

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back