Frozen food from LA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rrusch24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wednesday night I put an LA order in for frozen food. Paid for the priority overnight expecting it to be delivered today. Fedex tracking showed me an exception and upon contacting them they said they didnt have enough drivers today and package wont be here until Monday. What are the chances that frozen food will still be frozen on Monday?

Morphinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wednesday night I put an LA order in for frozen food. Paid for the priority overnight expecting it to be delivered today. Fedex tracking showed me an exception and upon contacting them they said they didnt have enough drivers today and package wont be here until Monday. What are the chances that frozen food will still be frozen on Monday?
Basically zero unless they shipped with insane amounts of dry ice.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had frozen delivered from them before. It was a lot of food though. I weighed it out dry ice left over at about 380 grams. It took 15 hrs +/- to be shipped in the summer. There is a chance it still could be. As long as the top isn't opened up it doesn't turn into gas as fast. The insides of the cooler get so cold it slows the rate it turns into gas phase. Plus I think maybe its refrigerated in storage before being put on truck. These were in a pretty thick foam cooler, in a box taped up, but not completely sealed. Even just regular ice I've had last over 2 days in a cheap cooler outside about 70 degree days. How much food was it? If something happens I would think they will help.

OP
OP
rrusch24

rrusch24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had frozen delivered from them before. It was a lot of food though. I weighed it out dry ice left over at about 380 grams. It took 15 hrs +/- to be shipped in the summer. There is a chance it still could be. As long as the top isn't opened up it doesn't turn into gas as fast. The insides of the cooler get so cold it slows the rate it turns into gas phase. Plus I think maybe its refrigerated in storage before being put on truck. These were in a pretty thick foam cooler, in a box taped up, but not completely sealed. Even just regular ice I've had last over 2 days in a cheap cooler outside about 70 degree days. How much food was it? If something happens I would think they will help.
2 - 14oz Mysis
2- 9oz rotifers
2 - SFB 7oz
3 - PE Mysis/Cal 8oz

A decent amount.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not enough driver and left the customer dry, in your case, thawed!

I used to order mostly online since it’s cheaper. For livestock, there’s guarantee but now since most companies got away with refund and only issue credits. Some credits even expires in a short period of time.

once you got the credit, it forces you to purchase even more from them, and stepping into a deeper hole.

no more online order till things changed for me.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last holiday season I complained to FedEx on their Facebook page and my packages were delivered the same or following day. They do ask for the tracking number and your phone/address so I think they can actually prioritize the packages of the complainers.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traveled down to the local FedEx depot and picked up my package. Opened box back at home and the items were a bit slushy but still cold. Immediately went into the freezer when I got them unboxed. So far, so good!
@rrusch24 We sincerely apologize that your package was delayed in shipping. We are happy to hear it was still partially frozen when you picked it up. Please PM us with your order number and email address so we can further review.

OP
OP
rrusch24

rrusch24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rrusch24 We sincerely apologize that your package was delayed in shipping. We are happy to hear it was still partially frozen when you picked it up. Please PM us with your order number and email address so we can further review.
No problem at all, somethings are just out of our control.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back