Frozen food - is it bad to feed after it's defrosted?

BRS

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
My fridge went bad for 24 hours. All the frozen food melted. Temp was still cold, but not frozen cold. Now the fridge is working again but I wonder if I should feed my fish those food?

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
if the food defrosted then I think the timer has started. I wouldn't try and refreeze it. Kinda reminds me of when my freezer stopped working as a kid and I got to eat an entire tub of ice cream..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
My fridge went bad for 24 hours. All the frozen food melted. Temp was still cold, but not frozen cold. Now the fridge is working again but I wonder if I should feed my fish those food?
LOL - this just happened to me - my son left the freezer door open. The Larrys Reef food was defrosted. I re-froze it - and fed it with no ill effects. I'm not recommending that - but given the cost - I do not think its an issue. On the other hand - if it seriously smells bad, etc - then - perhaps not. But - look at sharks eating dead whales for weeks. etc etc. I would highly doubt there would be a problem (and for me there was not) - I believe it was thawed for about 24 hours

BRS

Do you have a battery backup plan in place?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 133 39.1%
  • NO

Votes: 189 55.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 18 5.3%
Motorcitycorals