Frozen food - Meeting on 12/7

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aquarium shop has gifted me with a boat load of frozen fish food today. I cannot use them all so I am hoping to have a small get together to share them with club members. There are brine shrimp, mysis, krill, squid, silversides, etc.

How about a Saturday afternoon meeting in early December? I can host it at my house over coffee and cakes. Let me know which Saturday (7th or 14th) works well with you all.

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. How exciting for you...and generous. I’m good for a meeting either weekend.

DirtMcGurt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have another meeting and the food would be a great benefit. Count me in!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could but both of those weekends are packed for me.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can save you a few packs, Steve.
Nah, that's ok. I'm still well stocked on frozen for now. I just regret missing the gathering!

Been meaning to ask... better luck with the zoas this time? And are the amphipods reproducing?

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, that's ok. I'm still well stocked on frozen for now. I just regret missing the gathering!

Been meaning to ask... better luck with the zoas this time? And are the amphipods reproducing?
Amphipods seem to be doing well in the fuge. I can use a little more Chaeto, though. My Dolabella sea hare seems to be eating them fast now that he has nothing else to eat. As for the zoa, I am sorry to report that my bulldozer trochus snail pushed it off the rock into my large red and green war coral and the war coral ate it up over night :(

By the way do you have any chlorine test strip (for the pool)? I need to test a batch of rocks that I treated with bleach.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amphipods seem to be doing well in the fuge. I can use a little more Chaeto, though. My Dolabella sea hare seems to be eating them fast now that he has nothing else to eat. As for the zoa, I am sorry to report that my bulldozer trochus snail pushed it off the rock into my large red and green war coral and the war coral ate it up over night :(

By the way do you have any chlorine test strip (for the pool)? I need to test a batch of rocks that I treated with bleach.
I do. I also was about to harvest some Chaeto. Want me to leave a cooler of chaeto along with some test strips on the front patio before I leave for work tomorrow?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, please, please, please!!
Ok, I'll leave a cooler behind the corner of my boat where it was last time. If you don't mind, just put it back there later in the week. I'm out of cheap insulated containers.

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A meeting sounds GREAT! I can make either date if it’s early afternoon, I’m helping my niece host a Gingerbread House party for about 12 kids on the evening of the 14th.
I’m sure I’ll have Chaeto to share by then also.
Thanks for sharing the food & your home with us Tomoko!

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can make it this Saturday. Any status on Aquatic Cove moving? I have been meaning to stop in there to pick up a turbo. Fighting some algae.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cooler is out behind my boat with a few test strips in it. I stuffed a bunch of chaeto in a 1g ziplock bag. I can easily get you another bag that size by Friday if you want.

As for the strips, here is the color code. The circled ones are the 2 chlorine tests.
1575292391134.png

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't make it on a Sat in Dec either.

AC has started moving. The CUC tanks were still there Sun...not sure on stock though.

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Saturday 12/7 works for me & I’ll think of a yummy snack to bring.
Tomoko please let me know if there is anything specific you want/need me to bring or help you to do.
Thanks a bunch!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back