Frozen food thawed at time of feeding or kept in fridge ready to serve?

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to prepare maybe a week's worth of frozen food in a squirt bottle or something with aquarium water and just pull it out and feed the fish when it's time.
Does anyone do that? Is it safe for the fish?

Thanks!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you keep in the fridge I would taste test it each time before use
Food No GIF by TLC Europe

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to prepare maybe a week's worth of frozen food in a squirt bottle or something with aquarium water and just pull it out and feed the fish when it's time.

Thanks!
I make a weeks worth of food in tank water inside a sealable plastic or glass container and place in my fridge. That way it's easier for me and my wife to feed, easier means we will do it, lol

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!
we humans make use of food in fridge, so theoretically it makes sense

I don't do it. I don't like week old food so I wouldn't give week old food to my fish. When I'm lazy or over stressed I pop a cube of San Francisco brand Fish Eggs, thaw in tank water and toss that in - fish feel its a treat and I feel good I got something in there with minimal effort

I wish LRS Reef Frenzy came in cubes... when I'm only sort of lazy (like today already!) I just leave my frozen fish food cutting board and paring knife out as that speeds up the cutting process...

Back