Frustrated with my Geo Calcium Reactor

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just preformed the modification Randy C did in this thread. So far so good, I’m sure it’s going to work just fine. If it doesn’t work, my wife is going to run me and the calcium reactor off.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also did the mod @RandyC suggested and it does quiet the loud air running through the pump.

if anyone is trying to figure out to seal air leak from their push connect fittings, I found this product that seems to work really well.

A284B9D4-DE1E-4E47-8E87-898D5CD36796.png

just wrap up your push connects. Not sticky so it comes off relatively easily too.

82295D0C-DC5D-4D85-91F1-64459E0D27F8.jpeg
E66EC416-3E81-4B47-946B-A7A676C39FF6.jpeg

stephen wyard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an older GEO reactor and I found that if you put a fitting in the top that takes from the top of the recirculating chamber so that is is longer into the water the bubbles can't accumalate and are suck out by the return line to the tank.I took it one step further and drilled and tapped the top for a fitting for the return line to tank.Problem solved.It might work with just the exstention on the reciculating inlet .But the new models all take it from the top and not on the reciculateing tube.So I just copyed them.Now I have complete silence.Good luck with this.I hope it helps.Happy reefing

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done all the modifications,the problems I was encountering the soft CO2 tubing together with it being metric was not sealing very well and allowing air to be sucked in. I just installed Jaco style fittings which so far appear to be sealing much better. Between the check valve and the Jaco I am using a very short piece of RO tubing, at this point I should not loose too much gas there. I have looked all over for a rigid insert for the CO2 tubing but have not had any luck finding any. I was wondering if a 3D printer could print inserts that small.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

On year 3 with my GEO 618. Setup is fed via my sump manifold, and uses a Aquarium plants carbon doser ( see attached pics of setup). I run a fairly high effluent rate to prevent clogs and use a higher internal pH target (7.15) due to less corals.

For the most part, things have worked fine until now. Questions:

1) I am starting to see a small leak build up around the base of the reactor. (SEE PIC#2 where marked in "blue")

I observed for any leaks at all fittings or lid for the past 24 hrs, and cannot find any leaks dripping downward. The leak originates somewhere down low at the base, but the recirculating pump is completely dry? Can this be a seal issue with the acryclic?

2) Geo stated if the leak is down at the base it is likely that the uniseal needs to be resealed every 2 yrs. Have you owners had to do that before? Is it easy? Any other ways to diagnose this before messing with the unit?

Thanks!!!

20210117_083146.jpg 20210116_225901.jpg

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

On year 3 with my GEO 618. Setup is fed via my sump manifold, and uses a Aquarium plants carbon doser ( see attached pics of setup). I run a fairly high effluent rate to prevent clogs and use a higher internal pH target (7.15) due to less corals.

For the most part, things have worked fine until now. Questions:

1) I am starting to see a small leak build up around the base of the reactor. (SEE PIC#2 where marked in "blue")

I observed for any leaks at all fittings or lid for the past 24 hrs, and cannot find any leaks dripping downward. The leak originates somewhere down low at the base, but the recirculating pump is completely dry? Can this be a seal issue with the acryclic?

2) Geo stated if the leak is down at the base it is likely that the uniseal needs to be resealed every 2 yrs. Have you owners had to do that before? Is it easy? Any other ways to diagnose this before messing with the unit?

Thanks!!!

20210117_083146.jpg 20210116_225901.jpg
Did you solve this issue?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back