FS: Adult Male Biota Captive-Bred Mandarin

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Biota captive-bred Mandarins, but recently learned they were both males unfortunately (Algae Barn messed up). I've had him over a year but he's starting to get aggressive towards the other male so I need to sell him even though it really bums me out. He's big and fat - he eats nutramar ova, cyclops, and pretty much any frozen food that's really small. I'm only looking to get what I paid for him $90 - https://www.algaebarn.com/product/biota-captive-bred-green-mandarin/

I'm not looking to haggle. I'd also like to know more about your tank before selling to ensure he's going to a tank suitable for a mandarin. I live in Sausalito and can meet up to drop him off. Please message me if you're interested. Let me know if you have any questions!

Here's a pic of him:
mV5k1gQ.jpg

OP
OP
CoralDanimal

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man wish my tank was ready for one

Yea mandarins have always been my dream fish. Really glad Biota makes buying one and knowing it won't starve with their captive-bred program a reality. Even though they'll eat smaller frozen foods, it's still best to have an established pod population to munch on.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who gets to live in Sausalito? Lucky! Used to hit the swap meet regularly back in the Eighties. I miss the city :(

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any chance you’re going to the Farmers Market this Sat? If so, I’d gladly buy him from you. Thanks.

OP
OP
CoralDanimal

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who gets to live in Sausalito? Lucky! Used to hit the swap meet regularly back in the Eighties. I miss the city :(

I rent in Sausalito. The real estate market here is crazy ;Greedy

Any chance you’re going to the Farmers Market this Sat? If so, I’d gladly buy him from you. Thanks.

I won't be able to this Saturday, but if you're around next week or next weekend that's definitely a possibility.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Darn, I live near Monterey, so Sausalito is a bit far from me. How far are you from Berkeley? I go to Berkeley every couple weeks as I have a son who's at Cal.

OP
OP
CoralDanimal

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn, I live near Monterey, so Sausalito is a bit far from me. How far are you from Berkeley? I go to Berkeley every couple weeks as I have a son who's at Cal.

Ah I was actually at a wedding in Carmel Valley last weekend. I should have reached out. Berkeley is about 45 minutes away with no traffic.

Mandarin still available. He's living in my refugium right now, but I'm sure he'd appreciate a proper home :)

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you’re ever near Monterey or Berkeley, please let me know. I definitely want the Mandarin. Thanks.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump - still available.
If you ever drive to the Bay Area, please let me know. Any chance you might be near Berkeley this Sat? I’m dropping my son off at Cal and would love to buy it from you.

OP
OP
CoralDanimal

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever drive to the Bay Area, please let me know. Any chance you might be near Berkeley this Sat? I’m dropping my son off at Cal and would love to buy it from you.

@Maximus Unfortunately I have a bunch of local errands to run this Saturday and Berkeley is a bit of a trek. He's still chillin in the refugium getting fat on pods. I'll let you know if I'm ever closer to your area though.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Biota female mandarin coming today. Would love to pair her up with your male! Thanks.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you ever go to the Bay Area fish stores (Neptune, Aquatic Collection, etc)? I can drive up and meet you there on a weekend. If you want, I can send you a deposit for the fish now and we could meet up later.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back