• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS/FT - Koi Scopas, Yellow, Sohal, Purple, Dogface, Convicts, Sailfin

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I tried the whole "Add all the Tangs at once" method and it did not go well, in fact I lost I lost my most expensive pieces in the process such as my Kingi Angel, Regal Angel, one of my Koi Scopas and a Gem Tang. This is my fault, but I'm going to be looking for another Kingi pair so I need to knock some of the aggressive fish down so this doesn't happen again.

In terms of aggressiveness the Kois are the worst. I've had to split them up. I don't think they'll work well in a 400g as they are quite big.

All the fish are Fully Quarantined. I can never guarantee something like this but for reference I have the greatest canary fish in an Achilles, along with a Dogface, 2x Convicts, and a Mappa among the group which tend to be magnets, and they have no ich/velvet, etc..

All of these fish went through H2O2 dips, Ciprofloaxin, Metro, Chloroquine Phosphate, etc.. treatments through the Humblefish Methods. Disclaimer: I do make my own food which I usually get from HMart (Squid, Octopus, Conch, Clams, Crab, Shrimp, etc..) This is frozen before they eat it. There are always some concerns with potential parasites from this, but I haven't had any bad experiences with it (again there is an Achilles eating this.) I just don't like feeding pellets, personally.

I'm not sure what to ask for these, but they are QT so they cost me a lot more to acquire because of that. I'm willing to negotiate on price. I know TSM has some Kois for sale right now, and I actually paid more than what they are charging, but fish lose value over time as they become less rare, so it happens.

1x Koi
1x Sohal
1x Purple
1x Yellow
2x Convicts (they fight so shouldn't be together)
1x Veliferum Sailfin
1x Dogface Puffer (The sohal keeps punking him)

Every fish eats, no issues. They're all pigs and eat 3-4x a day. I'm trying to fatten the Sohals up some more.

I have a Desjardini as well, and I'd consider selling/trading that one over the Sailfin, but I want to keep one or the other.

I also have a 6' Blueline Grouper for trade/sale in another thread.

If you have anything that might be of interest, I'd be looking for milder tangs/fish such as....

-Dussumieri Tang
-Fowleri Tang
-Blonde Naso
-Goatfish
-Foxface (Magnificient would be great)
-Regal Angels
-Goldflake Angels
-Kingi Angels
- Some sort of Ctenochaetus Tang
-Red Breasted Wrasse

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not sure yet, sorry. I'll try to match/beat any of the QT vendor prices. I paid a hefty price for these.

I don't expect to get back what I paid, and I already lost an incredible amount on the Kingi, if any of you have an idea what a fully quarantined Kingi costs, it was a lot... :(

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for one convict tang and one sailfin, I'm in Pennsylvania and can probably pick up. Pm prices

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this now an auction
No, it is not.

I think I was able to respond to all the PMs. I'm not sure about shipping just yet. I've never done it and some of these Tangs are huge and would need big bags and a lot of water.

Thanks

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May want to list prices if you don't want your thread taken down.........just saying.

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1x Koi $1000 (Very Large)
1x Sohal
1x Purple
1x Yellow
2x Convicts (they fight so shouldn't be together) $115 each
1x Veliferum Sailfin $120 (has a nick in his dorsal fin, price negotiable)
1x Dogface Puffer (The sohal keeps punking him)

Still trying to find comparables on the rest

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PMs replied to... Does anyone know the reason for the sudden spike in Sailfin pricing? Going for ~$200 on DD?

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lfs I st louis had 3" specimens for $50 2 weeks ago
Yeah, whatever is the reasoning I haven't heard the word yet. Couple of the websites are sold out and the available WYSIWYG are sky high for sailfins...

reefs4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you're looking for a Kingi, check out NYAquatic.com. I've seen the fish in person and has been in his medicated system for quite some time now.

MB_Fahrer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on checking out NY Aquatic. He always has top quality livestock. I am a repeat customer of his. He can also find what you want and order it in.

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking for a Kingi, check out NYAquatic.com. I've seen the fish in person and has been in his medicated system for quite some time now.

+1 on checking out NY Aquatic. He always has top quality livestock. I am a repeat customer of his. He can also find what you want and order it in.
Thanks for the looks.

They hit me up about the Kingi. If my other one didn't jump, I would grab the one they have available, but right now I just need to get the aggression situated in my tank or I could be throwing another $4k down the drain.

I will have a pair of Kingis eventually.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back