FS - full tank breakdown: ATI T5 light, Neptune Apex DOS/DDR, Lifereef skimmer,Kessil LED H360, etc

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Arizona reefing friends,

Well, after having a reef tank, in one form or another since 2003, with much contemplation, I have decided to take a break from the hobby and sell my SPS reef set-up. My current setup which I have broken down, was originally filled with water in 2013, but I rebooted the tank in 2016 and changed quite a bit of equipment. So, with that being said, I have quite a bit of equipment for sale. I live in the Gilbert area and will be available most evenings, and over the weekend. I also work in the Scottsdale area, and could bring some of the smaller items with me to work, to meet to deliver during a lunch break. Here is a list of the for sale items:

1. Lifereef 30” protein skimmer with Fluval SP4 pump (1,822 gph) - $300.00. I bought this skimmer from Jeff with Lifereef in 2016 to try as a possible replacement for my Bubble King SM200 skimmer. To be completely honest, I kept the Lifereef and sold the Bubble King at a loss. The Lifereef is pretty boring to look at, and isn’t the best centerpiece if you are trying to put together a high end build, with lots of high end build shots, but, if you just want an amazing skimmer that skims like crazy with really very little tinkering, this skimmer is about perfect (this is coming from someone that had skimmers from BK, Deltec, etc). I broke the pump down for a total cleaning every three months, and cleaned the skimmer neck every few weeks, and it just flat worked, without any issues. I believe I paid about $190.00 for the pump, and around $600.00 for the skimmer, and will sell for $300.00.

2. ATI SunPower Dimmable T5 fixture – 48” 8x54watt - $300.00. Bought this brand new from Premium Aquatics about five years ago. Fixture worked great, and never had any issues other than needing to replace a ballast about two years ago. During this replacement, I had some issues with the little rubber “rivets” that secure the fans to the top of the fixture, so didn’t reinstall them. Because the fans sits on top of the fixture, which of course sits horizontally, they stay in place with gravity. I know that ATI sells these pretty cheap, so you could easily replace them if you wanted to. Hope that all makes sense: bottom line, the light works fine. :) Bulbs are due for a replacement as they are about 12 months old. I still have the original box and packing if you would like that.

3. Apex DOS dosing units - $175.00 (each). I have two of these units, and I believe they are about three years old. I have packaged these into their original boxes, and they both run great.

4. Apex DDR dosing containers - $75.00 (each). I have two of these units, also about three years old. One was used, and the other basically was only used for about a year. One comes with the box, and the other doesn’t.

5. Ehiem 1262 return pumps (900 gph) - $75.00 (each). These are both about three years old as well. One was originally purchased as a 1260 pump, but bought the 1262 volute which converts it to a 1262. Pumps were routinely broken down and fully cleaned (every 3-6 months), and never caused any issues.

6. Vertex Rx-U 1.5 liter media reactors - $40.00, and $30.00. These come with their original boxes, and in pretty good shape. One of the reactors is missing the stainless steel set screw that locks the top plate into place. Depending on how you were using the reactor, would need to find a replacement screw, or rig something else up. That reactor is the $30.00 price.

7. Aqualund Re-circulating Biopellet reactor - $75.00. This thing is pretty amazing, and was fairly expensive when I bought it. If you are, or want to run biopellets, this things is the way to go. You either add a feed pump, or tee off of your return pump (which I did) to control the amount of water you are feeding the reactor. The attached pump sets the recirculation rate, so you can fine tune everything. If you are stripping too many nutrients, you can just slow the effluent rate down.

8. GeoReef Kalk Reactor KR618 - $125.00. Paid $315.00 for this about two years ago, and only used it for about a year before going totally over to two part dosing. Reactor works great, but does need a replacement impeller for the Sicce 0.5 pump (about $17.00 at Aqua Cave).

9. Avast Marine Kalk Reactor K1 - $50.00. Only used this for a few months, but everything is there.

10. Avast Marine Spyglass Reactor (Medium) - $75.00. This was definitely, hands down, my favorite media reactor. Only used about one year, and is in great shape.

11. KZ Zeovit reactor with three bags of unopened KZ zeo media - $75.00. I planned to restart Zeovit at some point, but never did it, so have a used reactor, and three un-opened bags of media. Think the media alone is worth about $50.00.

12. Kessil H360 LED Fuge light - $200.00. Only used this for less than a year, so fairly new. Comes in original box, with original packing, etc.

13. Bucket of Red Sea Salt - $50.00. Unopened bucket of the lower alk, blue bucket salt.

I will have some additional stuff posted in the next week or so (like my tank/stand/sump), but this is the first batch of equipment that I have been able to clean up and prepare for sale. Also, just to be totally up front, I work a full time job, and have kids, so I will do my absolute best to keep this sale as organized as possible, but appreciate your patience. If you are interested, I'm thinking the best way to speak for an item(s) is to post a reply to the thread, then send me a PM so we can work out the pick-up?
Thanks in advance!

Rocky

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lifereef 30” protein skimmer with Fluval SP4 pump (1,822 gph) - $300.00

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI SunPower Dimmable T5 fixture – 48” 8x54watt - $300.00.

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex DOS dosing units - $175.00 (each).
Apex DDR dosing containers - $75.00 (each).

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehiem 1262 return pumps (900 gph) - $75.00 each

Vertex Rx-U 1.5 liter media reactors - $40.00, and $30.00.

Aqualund Re-circulating Biopellet reactor - $75.00.

GeoReef Kalk Reactor KR618 - $125.00.

(forgot to upload the photo, but will soon)

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avast Marine Kalk Reactor K1 - $50.00.

Avast Marine Spyglass Reactor (Medium) - $75.00.

KZ Zeovit reactor with three bags of unopened zeo media - $75.00.

Kessil H360 LED Fuge light - $200.00.

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the DOS units and the DDR units is sold, still have one more of each.

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update: both of the DOS units, and one of the DDR units has been sold, but everything else is still available. Thanks.

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I have a sale pending on the second set of DDR and DOS units. So, both sets of those are sold.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take both of the Vertex Rx-U 1.5 liter media reactors - $40.00, and $30.00.

Where are you located?

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you work in Scottsdale, I live in Scottsdale. Just need to figure out a place to meet.

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great news, and I’m glad to get your feedback! Thanks again and enjoy.

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biopellet reactor, Nest camera and calcium reactor media are sold.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rocky,

Sad to see another "old-time" reefer leave the hobby. I would like your 1262 eheim pump. I have one that has been running for around 7 years without issues. Would like another as back up, just in case as this one is a little old.

I am also interested in your light. Hopefully, I can sell some corals to help partially offset the cost of the light. How are the reflectors? Are they still in good condition?

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back