FS - Geo’s Reef UMC624 Media Reactor with 8 liters of Seachem Matrix media - $125.00

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some equipment in my garage that is not being used, and have decided to start putting a few things up for sale.

I bought this Geo’s Reef UMC624 Media Reactor directly from Geo’s Reef in July 2016 for $325.00. My plan at that time was to run a large amount of Seachem Matrix media as a biological filter, which I did for about a year before taking it offline last summer. The reactor is of course top quality (like everything I have had from Geo’s Reef), and worked great moving water through the Seachem Matrix media. One thing I learned the hard way: in my experience you DO NEED to have some good pre-filtration ahead of this reactor. I spoke with Seachem about this directly before I set up the reactor, and although they assured me it would be fine if some detritus accumulated in the reactor, in my experience, without a good mechanical filter before the reactor, detritus will become a problem, which is why I pulled it offline, my intention being to remedy this, and put it back online. In the meantime, I added an LED refugium, and have decided to stick with that.

This reactor comes with the mesh plate to be used with larger media, and with two foam plates to be used with finer media like GFO or GAC. The reactor itself is 24” tall, and 6” wide, and with the plumbing on the top is about 29” tall. I used it sitting in my sump, but my stand is 36” tall. This could just as easily be run externally. I can’t remember exactly how much media this beast can hold, but I had 8 liters of Seachem Matrix without any trouble.

Included with the price is about 8 liters of Seachem Matrix media. I have rinsed the media quite a few times, and soaked in RODI for three weeks (draining the RODI each week, and replacing), so the media should be ready to use again. The price of the reactor and media cost me over $400.00, but I will sell for $125.00. As you can see from the photos, the reactor is in great condition.

I work in Scottsdale, and would be more than happy to bring the reactor and media with me to work, and meet during a lunch break or something to deliver.

(Milk jug for scale...)

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back