FS - Tunze Automat 3171 Calcium Reactor with 44lbs media and 5lb tank - $325.00

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, it is with some hesitancy that I have decided to sell the calcium reactor setup I put together in September 2017, but haven’t used. When I bought everything, my tanks calcium consumption was pushing up every month, and I had decided to move from a dosing setup over to a calcium reactor. After a few hick-ups, I have decided to just stick with my doser.

I bought this Tunze Automat 3171 Calcium Reactor directly from Tunze in September 2017. This was one of the first units made, and ended up leaking at the base. Tunze exchanged this unit for a new one to their customer, and ended up replacing the base, reaction chamber, and lid on this one. It is basically brand new, and I guess would technically be a refurbished unit? It comes in its original box, with instructions, packing, and accessories. This reactor can be used in-sump, or externally. This sells for $423.26 new, and I paid $340.00 for this one.

I also bought the big 44 pound box of Two Little Fishes Reborn reactor media, which will also be included with the reactor.

Finally, I bought a brand new 5 pound aluminum CO2 tank, finished in red epoxy. Again, this has never been used.

I just looked through my receipts and I have about $520.00 invested in this, but will sell for $325.00. This really is a top notch reactor setup for less than what I paid for the reactor alone, and gets you enough media to last for a long time, with the CO2 tank, etc. Again, this is all basically new equipment.

I work in Scottsdale, and would be more than happy to bring the reactor and media with me to work, and meet during a lunch break or something to deliver.

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any takers at $275.00? Again, that includes a basically new calcium reactor, $100 in media and a brand new CO2 tank.

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever have a chance to test run the replacement unit?
No, but I could certainly run some RO/DI through it, and get a quick video, if you are interested. Please let me know. Thanks

jassimps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but I could certainly run some RO/DI through it, and get a quick video, if you are interested. Please let me know. Thanks
Okay that would be helpful... Are you willing to post a video link of it up close?

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is a quick and dirty video from late last night. I just filled a plastic shoe box with RO/DI, primed the reactor, and fired it up. The first part of the video is of the pump running just sitting in the container to make it easier to see that it is running. The second part shows water moving through the reactor itself. I didn't let the reactor run for the suggested 10 minutes to allow it to fully bleed, so there is some air in the system at this point.

jassimps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not local to your location but will be interested in purchasing. I’m unable to meet or pickup locally Scottsdale, AZ. Are you open to shipping it?

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not local to your location but will be interested in purchasing. I’m unable to meet or pickup locally Scottsdale, AZ. Are you open to shipping it?
We could definitely work something out to ship the reactor, if you are okay paying the cost, but I’m not sure if shipping the media would make sense, because of the weight. The co2 tank is probably doable. I’m guessing shipping for the reactor and co2 tank would be about $50.00, via FedEx (based on what I paid to ship a geo reactor last week). Actually most likely a bit more, but I would be okay paying anything over $50.00.

We can discuss further depending on your thoughts. Thanks

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tunze reactor is sold!

I do still have the 44lbs of reactor media, and the CO2 tank available. I would sell these for $50.00 each for local delivery. Please let me know if you are interested.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back