FTS. No photoshop. No cleanup

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heres my tank, post acro crash(only a few survivors left)... no filters, no editing. Running Ecotech xr30non pro gen 4, modified ab+ (lowered the white channel a bit at the highest point) this picture was taken at highest light output.
20200215_143509.jpg

And my frag tank, it's a 30g deep blue rimless... mostly acropora frags, some nicer zoas, a bunch of saved pieces from the main tank(y they lived in the frag and not the main I still dont get bc it's part of the same system) using 2 hydra 26s with the pucks in a square layout. Running a modified AB+ type schedule also.
20200214_141914.jpg
vlamingii

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks brother. It's been a love hate relationship with this setup lol. I've learned to love it, my wallet hates it.

That vlamingi has gone through hell and back, we usually dont name fish but he earned his.. Frank lol. Hes a little rough around the edges, will never win any beauty contests but hes definitly one of the family. Lol.

He went through 2 bacterial infections, to the point he had no tail fin and it was starting to recede into his body and his side fins were little nubs... both times couldn't catch him to remove him, I would dose his food in meds to try to get something in him. Saved him both times somehow, he wound up with HLLE after going through all that. Bu now hes fat, healthy and has grown back all his fins. He spends all day at the glass watching us, bright grey coloring. As soon as someone comes over he doesnt reconginze he turns black and dips behind the rocks. lol.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i hear that is vlamingii?they are good for the photo bomb

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my tank, post acro crash(only a few survivors left)... no filters, no editing. Running Ecotech xr30non pro gen 4, modified ab+ (lowered the white channel a bit at the highest point) this picture was taken at highest light output.
20200215_143509.jpg

And my frag tank, it's a 30g deep blue rimless... mostly acropora frags, some nicer zoas, a bunch of saved pieces from the main tank(y they lived in the frag and not the main I still dont get bc it's part of the same system) using 2 hydra 26s with the pucks in a square layout. Running a modified AB+ type schedule also.
20200214_141914.jpg
Nice selection of corals. Is it a bowfront or just camera tricks. Must be a bowfront.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@motortrendz ~ that flame hawk in the corner is freaking me out ;Hilarious
Haha. Yea it's a bow front corner. Last one I ever have. I had a 92g corner bow previous to this one. This ones a little smaller about 80-85g(dont really know exactly, haed to do the math with a curved front and flat back. Lol. But I truely hate the issues with corner curved tanks, water flow if a constant fight. And the curved glass distorts your view and makes camerapics look like a porthole.

Since you like the flame hawk(he really is super bright) check out this red serpent star(hes about 15inches tip to tip) taking a stroll across the tank yeaterday..dont mind the dirty glass
20200218_114411.jpg

20200218_114421.jpg

No filters. It really is that bright.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Yea it's a bow front corner. Last one I ever have. I had a 92g corner bow previous to this one. This ones a little smaller about 80-85g(dont really know exactly, haed to do the math with a curved front and flat back. Lol. But I truely hate the issues with corner curved tanks, water flow if a constant fight. And the curved glass distorts your view and makes camerapics look like a porthole.

Since you like the flame hawk(he really is super bright) check out this red serpent star(hes about 15inches tip to tip) taking a stroll across the tank yeaterday..dont mind the dirty glass
20200218_114411.jpg

20200218_114421.jpg

No filters. It really is that bright.
I’m hunting for a flame hawk to hunt down some coral eating peppermint shrimp. I can’t keep acans. Ate some pricey pieces. But I love watching the flame hawks bounce around from rock to rock. Very mysterious fish. And wow, that serpent must be 12-14” across!!! Beautiful.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 hawks. 1 flame and 1 Falco, neither bother inverts. But my green bird wrasse, that guy, let me tell you about that guy.... I cant itll get censored. But that fish, so small and so pretty, made a dumb choice thinking hell make a good addition. Has eaten about 300 hermits, 100 snails, any shrimp before they've even been submerged in the water... he digs in my sand looking for nessarius snail, and worms. And then let's the sand rain down all.over my acans. This guy is a ..... lol. My frag tank a has a ton of inverts and no predators. Lol.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hunting for a flame hawk to hunt down some coral eating peppermint shrimp. I can’t keep acans. Ate some pricey pieces. But I love watching the flame hawks bounce around from rock to rock. Very mysterious fish. And wow, that serpent must be 12-14” across!!! Beautiful.
Lol. I had a shrimp. Once. Did not matter how much I feed it it would steal food from any coral I target fed

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I had a shrimp. Once. Did not matter how much I feed it it would steal food from any coral I target fed

I came home once and saw a bunch of green and purple specks spinning around. A hammer had fallen. The peppermints were ripping it to shreds. I was not happy.

brunera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first reef tank. IM NUVO Fusion Pro 10 tank, AI Prime 16 HD LED light, Seneye Reef monitor, Skimz UP18 sump, Zeovit system, Osmolator Nano ATO, NuvoSkim DC Protein Skimmer. Tank finally cycled about 4 months ago and starting to add more coral. New coral has been on frag racks about 2 weeks now and seem to be doing well. I'm still figuring out best way to attach the coral to the rock and their best locations. Any suggestions for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.
Reef Tank 2_2020.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back