Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you believe I ordered more and had it sent to the wrong address?? No clue how it happened but by the time i realized i hadn't received my order a couple of weeks passed and those neighbors tossed it! New neighbors of course and denied receiving it. :mad::mad:;Rage;Spiderman

Argh

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you believe I ordered more and had it sent to the wrong address?? No clue how it happened but by the time i realized i hadn't received my order a couple of weeks passed and those neighbors tossed it! New neighbors of course and denied receiving it. :mad::mad:;Rage;Spiderman
Well that's just typical ! !

Egg their cars....lolololol

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be my lucky day..... a bird just launched an amazing shot that managed to go under the umbrella but over my shoulder and hit the bullseye on my patio table :). #threadtheneedle

5EDF3010-FB74-43C6-8863-8D58A51D74F3.jpeg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be my lucky day..... a bird just launched an amazing shot that managed to go under the umbrella but over my shoulder and hit the bullseye on my patio table :). #threadtheneedle

Ha! Make a wish.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have come to the realization that I HATE PLUMBING ! ! ! And not the tank type.

OK back story: as of late our water has been kinda nasty, brown and with a metallic taste unless you let it run for a minute. Wife decided we(me) should put in a whole house sediment/carbon filter. So last weekend she bought one. Thursday I go to the basement when I got home to check the sump, like everyday, and I see a leak in the copper pipe below the shutoff valve on the house water heater, GREAT..... Get out my plumbing tool kit and go to town. I love Sharktooth fittings and have a few so I was almost all set. The shutoff valve is regular, so I had to sweat the pipe, attach the new fitting and we're good, or so I thought.

As soon as I turn the water back on, a NEW leak starts where the pipe goes up to the kitchen sink.... 1/2" pipe that's about 5" long with a pinhole leak. These type of leaks happen every so often in this house. Instead of using thick walled copper, they used the thin stuff. Which, with hard water, eventually a pinhole will develop. I have fixed many of these over the years we have lived here.

I had to go to Lowes today to get the fittings to put the new filter in. Of course they were out of the correct fitting that connected directly to the filter and I had to spend an extra $50 just to get the correct fitting and a piece of 1" copper pipe($24 for 2'). The filter has 1" inlet/outlet and my main plumbing is 3/4". Everything installed I turn on the water and yaaaa me, no leaks but the water that rushed into the filter housing was so brown it was disgusting. At least the water coming out of the faucets is now clean and tastes better.

/end rant.....

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nice! If it was me, my picnic dinner would have been sitting under the bullseye ;)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can honestly say, today sux.....
Had to put down my boy this afternoon and I may not be posting here for a few days. Thought you should know.... :(

Peace little boy
Clyde1.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can honestly say, today sux.....
Had to put down my boy this afternoon and I may not be posting here for a few days. Thought you should know.... :(

Peace little boy
Clyde1.jpg
Rest easy beautiful <3

Big hugs keith. I'm here if u need me.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back