Sir loin.gif

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me, or could that be Keith and Corey? ;Hilarious
Kieth is always correcting me.. I could easily jump in as a stunt double if Cory doesnt wanna end up with a moon surface skull like me after the beatings.

What are friends for anyways?

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scurvy I broke down the chaeto reactor to clean it out. It was actually growing coralline on the inside of the body and the downtube. Had to scrape it to get it all off. Then to top it off, after putting some new, clean chaeto in, I over tightened one of the top screws and broke it off. ;Meh I had to remove it from the bottom and put a new screw in to hold it closed. Luckily I had a screw the same size to replace it with....

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scurvy I broke down the chaeto reactor to clean it out. It was actually growing coralline on the inside of the body and the downtube. Had to scrape it to get it all off. Then to top it off, after putting some new, clean chaeto in, I over tightened one of the top screws and broke it off. ;Meh I had to remove it from the bottom and put a new screw in to hold it closed. Luckily I had a screw the same size to replace it with....
nothing is ever easy in reefing :)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many nicks do you have on your hand from scraping the inside? I feel like I spread my hands every time I clean something like that!
Not too bad actually and I mostly used my fingernails on the body of it too ;)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broke one off my skimmer housing foot plate, macguyver everything.

U have a basement. Let's clean it out and get u a fat 30g cube refugium in the first drop of the drain! And then have it flow into ur current sump.

Winter project!

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40b Rich, 40b ;)

I've have been thinking about putting a T on my drain and drilling the 40B for a drain. I have a ball of chaeto growing it it now that is the size of a beach ball. :)

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuds I could trade you my drilled 40b with Eshoppe medium overflow for your un-drilled?

I got rid of the sump, skimmer and lights for that setup and have wanted to use it once or twice with a HOB but the overflow throws a wrinkle at me. It isn’t a perfect tank by any means but would make a great display fuge.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting idea @Scurvy, how low is the overflow? I think we could do just that ;)
Ill measure later but 8”x8” maybe? Return top right bulkhead. Middle left of overflow bulkhead was the first overflow drill attempt but was a tad too low so I plugged and re-drillled. Could be plumbed as a drain or just left plugged. Never leaked or anything

the stickers aren't on the tank but an old mirror behind it.

2CB69FD1-FA29-41B8-949A-F43FD76E63B1.jpeg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant how low are the holes drilled but I can see where they are drilled now. If you want, you can keep the overflow. I won't use it because it would mean the tank would have to be too high to flow into the sump. I was thinking about just having a strainer type overflow out, no need to worry about how loud it may be as it will be in the basement anyways. And I will probably block off the return hole too as it will not be used.

I'm game if you are?

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't done any tests in 2 weeks because I was lazy ;)

Today's parameters:

pH - 8.2
dkH - 8.57
PO4 - .104
NO3 - ~50
Ca - 425
Mg - 1410

Not too bad except for PO4 and NO3. PO4 is coming down as I just changed out GFO/Rox yesterday and it was .171 2 weeks ago. I tested my RO and the effluent coming out of the sulfur reactor. RO is 0 and effluent is 8 so it is starting to do its job. Hopefully it will start dropping the NO3 in the tank more now. Everything else is spot on where I thought it would be ;)

FTS - All 10 fish in pic but the hawk and the foxface are hiding and can only see a little of them on the left if you blow it up. :)

Day528.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back