OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost a long time resident today, been in my tank for more than 4 years, Not sure what did him in except he was wedged in between my torch and the rock. So much so, that I had to break the torch from the glue to get him out. He was 5 1/2 - 5 3/4 inches long when I measured him sitting there....

Gonna miss you buddy... :crying-face:

LongNoseHawk15.jpg

4 years ago under the torch that did him in.

LongNoseHawk7.jpg

On a happier note, I seen this guy last night and tonight sitting in the same place munching away on Astrinas

Harlequin1.jpg

Tank has had some downs lately with parameters way off. Ca was at 570, Mg at 1650 and Alk over 10. Stopped dosing all together for 2 weeks and brought the Alk down to 8.2, but the Ca is still high at 530-550 and Mg is at 1550.

We'll get it back soon.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost a long time resident today, been in my tank for more than 4 years, Not sure what did him in except he was wedged in between my torch and the rock. So much so, that I had to break the torch from the glue to get him out. He was 5 1/2 - 5 3/4 inches long when I measured him sitting there....

LongNoseHawk15.jpg

LongNoseHawk7.jpg

On a happier note, I seen this guy last night and tonight sitting in the same place munching away on Astrinas

Harlequin1.jpg

Tank has had some downs lately with parameters way off. Ca was at 570, Mg at 1650 and Alk over 10. Stopped dosing all together for 2 weeks and brought the Alk down to 8.2, but the Ca is still high at 530-550 and Mg is at 1550.

We'll get it back soon.
Sorry about the loss. My Hawkfish was one of my favorites, till he jumped out.

Ahhh a Harlequin Crab, they do wonders on Asterina's. Did the same happend to you when you first put him into tank. When I introduced the Crab it looked like the Asterina's knew he was coming after them so they kind of in-sync reacted and climbed higher on glass, they came out of nowhere in large numbers (probably were hiding in rocks). Just for thee first few days. All the best. My Harlequin cleaned up my tank of every asterina....before he died. Didn't get every one since the Asterina's came back a many months later. I think there may have been some in the live rock in my sump, so if you have any live rock or whatever in your sump, inspect and move them to tank for the finale.

Last edited:

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LongNoseHawk15.jpg

LongNoseHawk7.jpg

Harlequin1.jpg

We'll get it back soon.
@Fudsey sorry to hear about your longnose. Glad your harlequin is keeping your asterinas in check. I'd love to have some asterinas for cuc. Would you be interested in selling/shipping? I'd PP $$.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WallyB Yes they did, all over the glass.

@powers2001 No you don't, believe me. Yes, they did a number on my coralline, rocks are no longer purple, but also my Sunny D zoas are gone and another bunch of no name zoas are gone as well. I wouldn't wish them on anyone's tank. They are a menace when they get out of hand.

@sfin52 yes it is, especially one you've had for years.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, if it is any Consolation your tank looks great.

Have you considered just doing a water change with water only to bring down you Ca any Mg? Maybe just adding alk to the water so that the alk stays a 8.2?

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, if it is any Consolation your tank looks great.

Have you considered just doing a water change with water only to bring down you Ca any Mg? Maybe just adding alk to the water so that the alk stays a 8.2?
That is the plan, now to just implement it.... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LongNoseHawk15.jpg

LongNoseHawk7.jpg

Harlequin1.jpg

We'll get it back soon.

Keith,
Sorry about your long nose…:crying-face:

Those tiny stars will sure plow through zoas.

Hope you guys are doing well.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still chugging along. Pretty sure I'm going to loose the Mel. He's looking pretty old and beat up. :(
Man I was just thinking his day has to be close. He had that old matured wrasse look starting over the summer. That suck as he was a good fish. About how old. You had him about 4 and Corey had him first?

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I was just thinking his day has to be close. He had that old matured wrasse look starting over the summer. That suck as he was a good fish. About how old. You had him about 4 and Corey had him first?
Yes, a little over 4 years and I am not sure how long Corey had him 4 for.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back