OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eastern North Carolina bbq smoking on the grill....

IMG_20180706_180720_1.jpg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy Both are doing good. The radiata is back to his old self and is about 6-7" across now. The Goeffroyi is at least that across and almost 4-5" tall

Trachy11.jpg

Trachy10.jpg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So get this..... During our family cookout here yesterday, I get a text from the guy that bought my 90 gal tank. He's saying it's not holding water and that it's only a 75 gal. This is almost a month since he bought it. Sends me pics of it leaking somewhere around the bottom seam. He gave me a deposit on paypal and put a paypal claim in asking for the deposit back. I told him I will refund his deposit but that it WAS holding water, without issue, up until I drained it back in May.

I'm at a loss now that he has had the tank that long and didn't check it before now. And how I am supposed to know he didn't damage it on his hour ride back home....;Rage;Rage;Rage

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So get this..... During our family cookout here yesterday, I get a text from the guy that bought my 90 gal tank. He's saying it's not holding water and that it's only a 75 gal. This is almost a month since he bought it. Sends me pics of it leaking somewhere around the bottom seam. He gave me a deposit on paypal and put a paypal claim in asking for the deposit back. I told him I will refund his deposit but that it WAS holding water, without issue, up until I drained it back in May.

I'm at a loss now that he has had the tank that long and didn't check it before now. And how I am supposed to know he didn't damage it on his hour ride back home....;Rage;Rage;Rage

Ugh, that is too long. Anything could have happened.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's frustrating...:mad: and there's no way to know what happened after the buyer took possession ;Blackeye

Ugh, that is too long. Anything could have happened.

Exactly..... Now I'm out $$ Albeit only 75 but still.... that's a good frag or a couple of them...

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats garbage about the tank... I'd be pretty angry. not about the money but the principle of it. You know it held water when it left your posession. I guess its a good teaching moment for the rest of us to fill it with a graden hose in front of anyone taking a used tank off your hands. Sorry bud.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats garbage about the tank... I'd be pretty angry. not about the money but the principle of it. You know it held water when it left your posession. I guess its a good teaching moment for the rest of us to fill it with a graden hose in front of anyone taking a used tank off your hands. Sorry bud.
I agree, Scurvy

And cash only. The buyer locked up the deal with Paypal... ;Sour

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eastern North Carolina bbq smoking on the grill....

IMG_20180706_180720_1.jpg

Just some pork tenderloins with the silverskin still on it;) I will cook pork tenderloins the week and shoot a correct way video since I can not find a good correct way posted. The all just either butcher it up and make it to hard;)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dispute it, use your last posts here to prove the tank was sound when you sold it. The less painful way is to take the loss and move on.:(

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well fortunately for me he gave the rest of it to me in cash so TFB for him. I'll give him the 75 and he can keep it.

That is good. I was wondering. Seemed like a weird transaction. Splitting it seems fair at this point.

Back