Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got bored earlier and broke out the DSLR. I have these in higher res, if anyone is interested, I can post them somewhere else to view.

I really can't stop taking pics of this guy.... I need to look into that ;);)

Trachy27.jpg

Almost FTS :)
FTS-sm 8-10-18.jpg

I hope you don't mind S.O.S.O :) Tank was just looking too nice today
Great pictures again and why would you stop taking pictures of something like that, it’s quiet fascinating to see corals close up and amazing what they look like under a good lense.

Great full tank shot too.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's Parameters:

pH - 8.2
NO3 - 0
PO4 - .052
dkH - 8.06
Ca - 410
Mg - 1360

I cannot get the NO3 to go up. I have been feeding these 2 little clowns 2 times a day with pellets and frozen and can see the food in my sump as well but there isn't any nitrates in this tank. I think I might have to start dosing it to get some in there before something bad starts to develop. Pretty scary as my FOWLR was the reason I bought the denitrator and they were so far off the charts in that tank. Even the 90 had 15-20 most of the time. This tank they are non existent.

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity is a little low and I don't know why it got there... I tried adding 5 gal of 1.028 salt to my ATO but it barely did anything. I guess I could bump it up to 1.03 in the ATO and see what that does...
dunno2.gif
Man that blows fudsey i had that issue a few months back i bought some kent marine super dkh and used it and somehow my sg stabilized might help you idk

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kp1991 I just tested it as I forgot and it's back up to 1.024. I'll continue putting salt in my ATO and let it come up gradually :)

On another note, I found a flatworm in my tank after I did my tests and was cleaning the glass. That is only the 2nd one I have seen, 1st one in this tank. Other was in the 90. Might be why acros won't grow in my tank.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you I have been trying neo nitro. at first was dosing as recommended and it was barely doing anything now I DUMP about 4-6 oz in my 5g top-off and my SPS frags look better than the website:p I just orderd 2 big jugs of it today 2@500ml total 20$ that should last 5-6 weeks So now I call it the FUGE 4 PART seeing Im going to have to dose that from now on;Greedy

EDIT I miss quoted the amount

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you I have been trying neo nitro. at first was dosing as recommended and it was barely doing anything now I DUMP about 10-12 oz in my 5g top-off and my SPS frags look better than the website:p I just orderd 2 big jugs of it today 2@500ml total 20$ that should last 5-6 weeks So now I call it the FUGE 4 PART seeing Im going to have to dose that from now on;Greedy

Nope, no idea what that even is... ???

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, no idea what that even is... ???
I was supposed to quote your Nitrates being ZERO OOOPS. I have been feeding a ton added more fish and the only thing that rose was PO4. I talked to chad @BRS and he recommended that.

Click on image to zoom
Brightwell Aquatics
NEONITRO - BALANCED NITROGEN SUPPLEMENT
75% Recommend this to a friend (3 of 4)

4 Reviews

Ships tomorrow Guaranteed
Risk Free Returns
View Reward Points Below
NEONITRO - 250 ML
$6.99Earn 30 Reward Points

SKU: 209284

IN STOCK: 9

Add to Wishlist
NEONITRO - 500ML
$9.99Earn 45 Reward Points

SKU: 209285

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was supposed to quote your Nitrates being ZERO OOOPS. I have been feeding a ton added more fish and the only thing that rose was PO4. I talked to chad @BRS and he recommended that.

Click on image to zoom
Brightwell Aquatics
NEONITRO - BALANCED NITROGEN SUPPLEMENT
75% Recommend this to a friend (3 of 4)

4 Reviews

Ships tomorrow Guaranteed
Risk Free Returns
View Reward Points Below
NEONITRO - 250 ML
$6.99Earn 30 Reward Points

SKU: 209284

IN STOCK: 9

Add to Wishlist
NEONITRO - 500ML
$9.99Earn 45 Reward Points

SKU: 209285

I'll have to get some of that then :) Thanks ! !

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy I got some of that locally today. I'll begin dosing it this afternoon :)

I don't know if it's like their Neo-Phos product, but that one requires shaking before every use. I did't figure that out immediately and it took me awhile to realize why my doses behaved so differently.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy I got some of that locally today. I'll begin dosing it this afternoon :)

I don't know if it's like their Neo-Phos product, but that one requires shaking before every use. I did't figure that out immediately and it took me awhile to realize why my doses behaved so differently.
Thanks I will check but this is like water crystal clear. Like i noted I dosed as directed for a week with no results then I just poured 1/2 cup in 5 gallons of topoff and Boom overnight my frags were Beautiful.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 2L bottle for cheap as he actually didn't order it and was happy to get rid of it. Well spent $20 :)

Looks like I should add about 100ml for 100G according to the directions.... We'll see :)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 2L bottle for cheap as he actually didn't order it and was happy to get rid of it. Well spent $20 :)

Looks like I should add about 100ml for 100G according to the directions.... We'll see :)
Just got home and to my surprise I have a green tint in the tank. Time to dial it back

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly It was a cap-full for every 25 gallons or 5ml , Ill bet you have it correct because I was getting nowhere with 15-20ml for my 75

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys can have my nitrates;) I am alway working on keeping my nitrates down.:eek:
I thought you had a Cheato Fuge? I do know you feed oyster feast and roe, so do I and that and pellets raise my PO4 but O nitraites.....Now I will say I pulled my marine pure at the same time I started NeoN.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you had a Cheato Fuge? I do know you feed oyster feast and roe, so do I and that and pellets raise my PO4 but O nitraites.....Now I will say I pulled my marine pure at the same time I started NeoN.

No cheato fuge for this kid;) I do run life bio fil, zeomix and have one mangrove in the sump. I have some good size fish and I think my trigger is helping with the higher nitrates, since he eats a lot. I am cutting back feeding and that should do the trick.
I read where Randy recommended Urea to get up the nitrates. Randy did not like using stump remover and I agree to get nitrates up.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back