Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

crazysun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe that calculator takes into account the actual height of water. This other site comes to 86 Gal with length and depth minus 1 inch for glass and 0.5" for bottom glass panel and 1" water height from edge which is being generous.... And once again not counting
What's lost from the overflow.

Hey, these are good debates and good to be technical in this hobby. I think on your calculation you are short an inch. Most all tank sizes are for the outside measurements the 135.4 is 47.25 x 23.62 x 20.5 (I just measured mine - outside measurements). The sump is calculated the same as a total out side volume and the number 135 includes the ATO of 5.5. Now it is just a model number and I consider and call it my 90 gallon tank. I think we all agree that what's inside will look good. Cheers.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's what I believe as well @NY_Caveman. Just don't know how they get their figure of 98.91. When I plug in their numbers I get 93.4 on 1 site and 93.59 on MD's site. On another I get 98.88 they all are different

I am sure you all know this, but for those JBJ tanks, I measure all the inner dimensions and of each compartment. Glass to baffle, etc. Then I determine my water line,

(L" x W" x H") / 231 = Volume in Gallons

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fudsey Congratz on the win! It seems your going to earn that tank anyhow, but hey your thread is already three sheets into the wind, with one of the longest running GIF's and an All Star cast (except one) and the tank hasn't even arrived yet, sure to be epic.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a message from Waterbox saying the shipping company lied and doesn't know where the tank is yet.... They may have to send a whole new unit just because the trucking company bites....

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they did, they would have had to really drop it or drive a fork lift through it. It comes completely encased in wood and on its own pallet.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now everything is up in the air. Until the tank is found nothing is going to happen with the damaged one. If they find it before a new one is sent, I will receive it and inspect it to see if anymore damage may be on the stand. They will replace whatever needs to be replaced to my satisfaction.

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they are standing behind you on this all the way, which is important and good to know for all of us in the community. I spoke to water box today actually to see when their new Crystal line peninsula style tanks are coming out. They said June and they are taking pre orders. I want to see what you think of the tank first.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they are standing behind you on this all the way, which is important and good to know for all of us in the community. I spoke to water box today actually to see when their new Crystal line peninsula style tanks are coming out. They said June and they are taking pre orders. I want to see what you think of the tank first.

I know @120reefkeeper really likes his

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back