OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic looks good to me, much better pics than I get off of my pixel XL. My wife has a nice camera I have been piddling with. Someday I might actually take a nice pic! That frogspawn looks nice and healthy!

Most of the pics of my tank are with my Pixel.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that im out of the Reefer i have a nice little tyree leather frag, 2ish inches as well as a couple other smaller ones that dropped off the mother colony over the past couple weeks if youre interested?

Yes I am if I can figure out a good place to put it :)

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am if I can figure out a good place to put it :)
Ill at least get some decent pics once they settle in the holding tanks and we can go from there. No rush or preasure to take em I just remembered you mentioning it a ways back.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill at least get some decent pics once they settle in the holding tanks and we can go from there. No rush or preasure to take em I just remembered you mentioning it a ways back.

Yes I'll take the 2" one. We'll work it out later on time/place.

L

Lol, no way! Share your secrets brother! Auto or did you adjust something?

2 ways that will produce better pics with your Pixel.

1st is to use cloudy under the temperature setting. This works pretty good but to get even better pics I use a pair of orange glasses held over the lens. I got mine from a frag swap a couple months ago and they do wonders. I have heard that the PolyLab lens works similar but it's kind of expensive. The glasses cost a few bucks. These are the ones I got and for this price I might get another 3 so I can cut the lens to make it easier. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-PAIR-PYR...h=item3d1c7d3008:g:Y24AAOSw9eVXVNWS:rk:2:pf:0

s-l500.jpg

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1st is to use cloudy under the temperature setting. This works pretty good but to get even better pics I use a pair of orange glasses held over the lens. I got mine from a frag swap a couple months ago and they do wonders. I have heard that the PolyLab lens works similar but it's kind of expensive. The glasses cost a few bucks. These are the ones I got and for this price I might get another 3 so I can cut the lens to make it easier. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-PAIR-PYR...h=item3d1c7d3008:g:Y24AAOSw9eVXVNWS:rk:2:pf:0

s-l500.jpg
Ah! Thanks for the tip sir!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So went to local frag swap today and picked up a couple new critters. Floating them now.
Also did a 25% water change before I left :)

Got a Frogspawn with at least 5 heads and a Rainbow BTA.

Frogspawn2.jpg

Nem1.jpg

That is a great looking frogspawn. I had those before and it is one of those corals that, once in a good position, will keep growing, even if you not notice it. Before you know there are 10 heads.
That BTA is gorgeous, even from the bag.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the new specimens @Fudsey ! Hope that anemone comes back out front for you. It really is beautiful.

Thanks ! ! He has moved more to the top back of the rock and is peeking over.:)

That is a great looking frogspawn. I had those before and it is one of those corals that, once in a good position, will keep growing, even if you not notice it. Before you know there are 10 heads.
That BTA is gorgeous, even from the bag.

Thanks ! ! It has much better colors than my other one. Hopefully it will like where I put him. ;)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, just got home and snapped a couple pics. I don't think the nem can reach the gorgonian as it's against the flow right there but all the polyps on the gorg are retracted right now. I'll have to watch and see I guess. And the Frogspawn is all filled in now. Just have to wait and see if he fills out more in that spot.

Couple pics

Nem3.jpg

Frogspawn4.jpg

Day140.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

s-l500.jpg
Now that Corey Hart song is stuck in my head!

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my stupid female clown went after me again while I was hand feeding. I pulled my hand out before she got to it but she leaped out of the water and landed on the floor..... Stupid fish.... I quickly scooped her up and placed her back in the tank. Think she'll learn???? Nope.... went right back after my hand again..... Stupid Fish.....

CLOWNS ARE PURE EVIL ! ! ! !

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So went to local frag swap today and picked up a couple new critters. Floating them now.
Also did a 25% water change before I left :)

Got a Frogspawn with at least 5 heads and a Rainbow BTA.

Frogspawn2.jpg

Nem1.jpg
Sweet additions

Back