OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops... forgot to add some pics of tank...

Bonsia1.jpg

Trachy38.jpg

Monti6.jpg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was good catching up with you again and meeting your wife and pups! My dog loved the cookies! Enjoyed your setup very much!

Thanks so much for torch! Was very unexpected amd a beauty! Just home a few minutes ago and floating the bags but will have shots up later tonight or tomorrow depending in when they smile!

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm behind... as usual.

I'm glad the pods and phyto are helping. I've noticed in my own tank that I haven't really been doing much different other than feeding 20ml a day of phyto and my nutrients have taken a dive. I've always had a healthy pod population. I(it) kept a black leopard alive for 3 months until it just decided LRS was actually food. 0ppm nitrates and 0.03 phosphates. I say nutrients have taken a dive, there's still plenty of food available, my trachy and the rest of the LPS are plump and the zoas are taking off. It's just not in a form that nuisance algae can consume easily. I think I'm gonna boost the dose here soon and see if that doesn't help. Phyto is evidently the super food and algaecide of a reef tank.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get your pods and phyto locally? I haven’t heard of the place you mentioned above

Ya, it's a guy (@Paul C.) and his wife from western Mass just kind of starting up. @Scurvy gave me his info. Great looking stuff to.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get your pods and phyto locally? I haven’t heard of the place you mentioned above
Aquarium Cuisine. Just getting going. I know they have an Instagram and I believe Facebook but Im not on there to confirm that. Fudsey tagged him above so Im sure he’ll follow up here in a bit :)

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Cuisine. Just getting going. I know they have an Instagram and I believe Facebook but Im not on there to confirm that. Fudsey tagged him above so Im sure he’ll follow up here in a bit :)

Perfect. Thanks for the info guys. I need every bit of help I can get with my dino problem

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today"s parameters:

Sal - 1.025
PO4 - .034(from yesterday)
NO3 - ~10
dkH - 7.17
Ca - 360
Mg - 1440
pH - 8.0

Dosed Ca and dkH to get them back up to 400 and 8.4 . Might bump them again tomorrow to get them a little higher but didn't want to raise them too fast. Ca has been dropping more steadily lately. Might be time to set up the doser and the ATI stuff :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an updated pic of these guys still hanging on and making babies through it all. 4 heads now :)

Contest6.jpg

Always love seeing new life sprouting! As long as it isnt green! ;)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back