OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols They are pretty much gone from the sand. The only thing I am not seeing is my zoas, gorgonian, gsp and nems fully recovered. I think I need to do a 25% water change to help. I might also replace my ROX as well. I hope to do that this weekend if I can. I am still dosing phyto too.

I added 2 tiger conchs today to help stir the sand too. We'll see if they help keep it clean.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols They are pretty much gone from the sand. The only thing I am not seeing is my zoas, gorgonian, gsp and nems fully recovered. I think I need to do a 25% water change to help. I might also replace my ROX as well. I hope to do that this weekend if I can. I am still dosing phyto too.

I added 2 tiger conchs today to help stir the sand too. We'll see if they help keep it clean.

I'm tagging as you go... ;Writing

Used Dino-X one time when it was called Ultra Algae-X.
Got the job done, but smoked... ;Dead all my inverts except BTA's... :(

You and @Jason mack seem to have a redish strain. I had that snot green thick bubble dino's.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have to back up and re-read how you delt with your dino's so I can start gearing up for my battle. Ugh...

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I looked really hard at my Gorgonian today and took a pic and it looks like GHA has completely covered it. It doesn't blow off and is hard to even pull off. What ever I do remove it it seems to come back daily. Not sure this will make it.... Basically the only spot in the tank with GHA too.

Before

Gorgnian1.jpg

After

Gorgnian2.jpg

Skin is still purple and I think it is trying to survive, I just don't know what to do. Remove it and try to clean it out of the tank???
#reefsquad any ideas?

dunno2.gif

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I looked really hard at my Gorgonian today and took a pic and it looks like GHA has completely covered it. It doesn't blow off and is hard to even pull off. What ever I do remove it it seems to come back daily. Not sure this will make it.... Basically the only spot in the tank with GHA too.

Before

Gorgnian1.jpg

After

Gorgnian2.jpg

Skin is still purple and I think it is trying to survive, I just don't know what to do. Remove it and try to clean it out of the tank???
#reefsquad any ideas?

dunno2.gif
Uggg.
Well, personally I’m thinking (sorry ) the gorg has been dying and it attracted algae to the decomposition.
Move it Scrub it dip it and hope for the best is all I could think of.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nooo. That’s for Bugs. Light peroxide , coral rx , revive.
Once you get it out of the tank and a gentle scrub you’ll be able to see the extent of the damage before dipping.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! One of mine have looked sorta like that. Soft toothbrush. Gentle brushing everyday. Increased flow. It's almost like you can't throw enough flow at them. They like it. And it's coming around nicely now.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took it out and placed it an a shallow bowl of tank water. Softly scrubbed it with a tooth brush and got 99% of the gha off. Looks much better now and didn't see much damage at all to the flesh. Will see if the polyps decide to make a return.

Gorgnian3.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine slowly started popping polyps a few more each day. Still recovering. Doesn't hurt to give it a bit of phyto every couple of days and boost the water flow to it. They really like to kinda whip around a bit.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually think I see some polyps trying to come out too. If you look at the image of it covered, you can see where I got some off and the polyps were trying to extend. They are returning as well as more in different places. Sorry for the blues in the 2nd pic, lights already ramping down. I hope by tomorrow it looks even better :)

Gorgnian2-1.jpg

Gorgnian4.jpg

crazysun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Before

Gorgnian1.jpg

After

Gorgnian2.jpg

#reefsquad any ideas?

dunno2.gif
That's a sad sight, keep up the fight. Good Luck

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a sad sight, keep up the fight. Good Luck

Looks so much better today ! !

Simon's tip of the day, buy cheap make up brushes, they need to be plastic encapsulated ones, way gentler on corals and can be used in the tank for little patches! :)

I like that idea ;)

Any improvement from the zoa’s?

A little... More are opening but some still refuse. I'll take some pics when the lights come up.

Doing a 25gal water change today and hope it will help improve things too. Water has been a little cloudy the past couple days. Hard to get a pic of it. Might need to get polisher running....

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The 2 tiger conches I put in mine are machines. Never see them stop. Sand has never looked better.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back