Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In my case, I think it was. This along with dry skimming and letting nutrients raise up quite a bit did the trick. Dinos are basically gone and zoas are back, GSP is also back. 2 out of 3 Nem splits still looking stressed but I am unsure why. Each of their foots are planted and don't look to be trying to release at all. Nutrients are a little high but not excessive. I don't think they are in a good flow position and are getting a bit too much, but how do you change that without moving the powerheads and messing up the rest of the tank???

Today's parameters:

Sal - 1.025
pH - 8.2
NO3 - ~10
PO4 - .071
dkH - 8.18
Ca - 420
Mg - 1440

Although PO4 is a little high, everything else looks to be in a good place.

Found a few aip still surviving. Guess peppermints aren't doing their job any longer. Might have to look into a copperband. LFS has one but it's tiny and was getting beat up. I had him move it to a different tank and away from a Sohal tang that I think was picking on it. If he still has it on Thursday, I might get it if it looks better. We'll see.... ;)
Nudis!!!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how bad she can be. Every time I feed, I do so by hand. 3 of my fish, longnose hawk, canary blenny and Melanarus will eat out of my hand, she'll bite me. I put my long coral feeder, thin turkey baster, in the tank to grab some chunks to give to the nems and she attacks the end of it. I use it to shoo her away and she knows it and just started biting the end of it while I was holding it near her.....

CLOWNS ARE EVIL ! ! ! !

Haha. My davinci is in the process of turning female, outgrowing the snowflake quickly. I can have my hand in the tank any where, any time, but if I pick up a shell or a frag, or anything that's part of the reef, i get warning pecks and tail slaps.

Hopefully itll pass...

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns attack my tongs when I feed. Haven’t tried my hand since they are like Piranhas. I have to use my coral feeder to shoe my shrimp out of the BTA. The BTA gets made when the shrimp starts fondling.

FTS looks good

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 Nudies wouldn't work with my inhabitants. The Melanurus and the Canary would devour them....;)

@Crabby48 Thanks :)

@RichtheReefer21 she hasn't drawn blood yet but it's only a matter of time :rolleyes:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CLOWNS ARE EVIL ! ! ! !
Hey Fudsey Looking real good!...man that Trachy colored up! I got hit with Dino's ( I think) nasty stringy stuff. got a job see ya
trachy39-jpg.968600

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.... I'm kinda taking a break, I'm still around somewhat but posts maybe a little sparse here and else where. I'm getting burned out and have very little interest right now. Work is hectic and life is as well.

Fully understand... :rolleyes:, my brother!!

FTS looks great... ;Woot ;Woot

Just post when you feel in the mood and take care of your well being... :)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fully understand... :rolleyes:, my brother!!

FTS looks great... ;Woot ;Woot

Just post when you feel in the mood and take care of your well being... :)

Thanks Freddie ;)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update

Parameters
ph - 8.2
NO3 - ~10
PO4 - .08
dkH - 7.67
Ca - 390
Mg - 1420

PO4 is a little high so I think I need to replace my GFO. Tank is still looking good and no dinos.

Couple pics

Bonsia2.jpg

Pavona1.jpg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back