OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the ATI pdf it says to increase #2 & 3 to raise Calcium. And my tank uses alk more than cal so I am going with their formula for uneven consumption.

But I agree that 1 & 2 should be equal and more than likely I will raise it another 13 ml to be even with 1 this weekend. I just wanted to make 2 & 3 equal first according to their recommendations.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I suggest...

#1 dose 85mL
#2 dose 115mL
#3 dose 60mL

Why?

#2 (calcium) needs to go UP. If you put it at 85 like all it will NOT go up it will stay the same.

#3 (mag) needs to go DOWN. This dose will let it slowly drop naturally.

When everything is balanced -- put all 3 parts at 85mL

Sounds like a plan ;)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran their system for a year -- there's a reason they changed the formula, it was finicky haha.

Either way, that program is assuming your levels are ideal, right now your Mag is a bit elevated.

Getting it in balance takes time, and their directions weren't very good, I had to do it my own way haha

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the ATI pdf it says to increase #2 & 3 to raise Calcium. And my tank uses alk more than cal so I am going with their formula for uneven consumption.

But I agree that 1 & 2 should be equal and more than likely I will raise it another 13 ml to be even with 1 this weekend. I just wanted to make 2 & 3 equal first according to their recommendations.

8d11cf74e992b773e7c70462397a15c7.gif

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK @Rakie help me please. Yesterday I raised #2 to 98 left #3 at 72 and lowered #1 to 77 (because dkh was creeping up)

Today's numbers: dkH 9.18 (up from 8.79) Ca 400 and Mg 1520.

So dkH went up again, Calcium stayed the same and Mag dropped 40. So I lowered #1 to 68 raised #2 to 108 and left #3 at 72 as it is dropping.

I know the relation between alk and ca will cause these numbers to climb even when lowering the dose, but am I doing OK?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Raege @RichtheReefer21 just some sticks

1st one is the one you gave me Rich, check out the sponge next to it too ;)

Gorgnian9.jpg

2nd one is the one I thought dinos were going to kill and yes it's in med high light....

Gorgnian8.jpg

@Raege see what our purchase is doing? Its spreading to reefsquad tanks. LoL

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so @Rakie here's today's numbers....

dkH - 9.13
Ca - 420
Mg - 1500

Thinking I need lower alk a little to bring it down. Would like it more around 8.5 but Ca is much better and Mg is dropping.

Also filefish is gone and so is gsp growout rock. I also trimmed up my main gsp rock and glued it to another rock and took that too. Sunny D's are now out and are looking much happier. Now to get rid of the stupid Aiptasia ! ! !

Day396.jpg

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so @Rakie here's today's numbers....

dkH - 9.13
Ca - 420
Mg - 1500

Thinking I need lower alk a little to bring it down. Would like it more around 8.5 but Ca is much better and Mg is dropping.

Okay that's good. You can drop the Alk about 67mL for a day or two. Over night at 77mL alk held strong at 9.1, Test again in 24 hours It's common for Alk to swing all over the place AT FIRST with ATI Essentials. I will also say, don't worry too much about the swings going down. Negative swings (alk DROPS) will bother corals, but positive swings (alk SPIKES) will KILL corals. So if it has to swing, make it swing down.

Two important questions:
- How long have you been running ATI Essentials total?
- How many times per day do you dose?

You want to set your doser to dose as many times per day as possible. You want it to be dosing at least 12x per day, ideally 24x or MORE per day.

@Fudsey -- If you're worried something bad is happening send me a PM instead of tagging me. I get between 50-200+ alerts per day, and its super easy to miss something like this -- I didn't see you tag me yesterday. So shoot me a PM and I'll be able to answer very quickly :)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rakie Dosing #1 17 times a day, 2 & 3 - 12 times at opposite hours from each other. Been dosing #1 since April 1st, 2 & 3 for just 2 weeks.

Not so much worried, If I lose a stick, I lose a stick, I'll try again ;)

Pavona, Bonsai, Green Slimer and Monti's are all doing OK. Strawberry shortcake is OK, Digi got stung by one of my frogspawn so I moved it to a frag rack but it is not doing so good.

@Scurvy the leather is getting huge and still won't attach to anything. Was a little POd when I took the pic but all polyps are out now. :)

I found my green trumpet had multiple aips growing on it. I couldn't see it because it was behind the Sunny d's cage. Once I pulled the cage, I was in shock how bad it looked. Pulled it out of the tank and tried to clean them off in a bowl of tank water. I really need to do it again and scrub it with a toothbrush. I thought they were in the sand on the tile it's mounted on, but they are actually in the stalks of the trumpet. STUPID things ! ! !

@Raege Thanks Ray ! ! !

@RichtheReefer21 bring a couple frag plugs with you unless you want it on a 4x4 tile. I'll make time to cut you a few heads of it ;)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%

Back