OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested some parameters that I don't do very often (every 1-2 weeks usually)
Will test the other 3 later to keep the time standard.

Salinity - 1.026
pH - 8.2
NO3 - ~50
PO4 - .037

No real change in the NO3 from last week. I was hoping the cheato from @Scurvy would start to bring them down but not yet. It is growing as the reactor is getting full.

Little SSC nub is still with us as is the small piece I left on the frag. Funny how RTN the rest of it overnight and what's left is still there after another night.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keith, how did the F Aiptasia work for you?
Some have come back but the majority of what I hit are dead. The ones that have come back are at the sand line of the rocks and I believe they pulled in before I got them covered.

I need to get another bottle and maybe some nudis. I have a bottle trap in the tank now trying to catch the peppermints.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rest of today's parameters look good.

dkH - 8.57
Ca - 450
Mg - 1520 (still high need to lower dose a bit more)

I am about out of alk reagent. I thought I had another bottle but I cannot find it so, I will have to order another. I think I have enough for a couple more tests. I do have a RedSea test kit for alk but I don't like using it. it's too easy to get it wrong but I will use it in a pinch.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught 3 peppermint last night ;Woot;Woot;Woot Got them in an isolation box I had to make quick. Still have 1 left but I never see him come out. I may just leave that one and order some nudis anyways. Gotta figure out what to do with the caught ones though.....o_Oo_O

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught 3 peppermint last night ;Woot;Woot;Woot Got them in an isolation box I had to make quick. Still have 1 left but I never see him come out. I may just leave that one and order some nudis anyways. Gotta figure out what to do with the caught ones though.....o_Oo_O
I know this guy who just got a trigger that’s hungry all the time.......just sayin ‘

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like em fried....

92E5E232-9868-4F33-837C-25A42BBC4148.png

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey have you guys seen this new product yet. Just seen it in a coral mag email. https://www.mindstreamh2o.com/product.
Pretty cool but price is too high for me
Yeah, its definitely an intriguing piece of gear but at this point its out of my price range and still generally unproven tech. The $35 bucks a month after investing 1K is asking a lot of the typical hobbiest IMO. They would probably be better served by offering it up for $4/500 and then collecting the monthly fee.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my hands on a Goni exactly the same to that, does it have a name?

I got it just as a red Goni last year in June and is has done great. Not really sure if it has a name or not.

Hey have you guys seen this new product yet. Just seen it in a coral mag email. https://www.mindstreamh2o.com/product.
Pretty cool but price is too high for me

Yes I followed the thread on here for a bit but once I seen the price, basically changed my mind. Not sure I could swallow the price tag they have put on the unit let alone the monthly cost.

Yeah, its definitely an intriguing piece of gear but at this point its out of my price range and still generally unproven tech. The $35 bucks a month after investing 1K is asking a lot of the typical hobbyist IMO. They would probably be better served by offering it up for $4/500 and then collecting the monthly fee.

Exactly ! ! !

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested the big 3 and dosing is looking good.

dkH - 8.34
Ca - 450
Mg - 1480

Mag is still a bit higher than I would like but my tank never really consumed much of it. Right now I am dosing 48ml/day and it has dropped from 2 days ago. I'll let it go and see where it stands 2 days from now.

SSC nub is still with us and looks ok..... for now ;)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, its definitely an intriguing piece of gear but at this point its out of my price range and still generally unproven tech. The $35 bucks a month after investing 1K is asking a lot of the typical hobbiest IMO. They would probably be better served by offering it up for $4/500 and then collecting the monthly fee.

Yeah,

JMO..
Mindstream just too hard of a pill for me to swallow... ;Wideyed

:)

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nudis have done a great job so far in my tank, only a few small visible Aiptasia remain.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You, ya you. Big fist pump! ;Punch

Awesome man.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back