Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what happened to the other 2 heads on the lower left and you can see the 3rd head just receding in...

Hammer2.jpg
Can you cut it to remove all the receded tissue and skeleton?

That worked for my walled hammer.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly the same with mine (as your photo in post 2539) but I suspect my filefish. I took it out yesterday - the coral he/she picked looks better but the torch still have problems. All my euphyllia have been a little "down" - today (with exception of my torch) they looks better - more expanded. I have reacted to my ICP report and have dose according to recommendations. @Sallstrom will kick my butt because I as always does more than one thing at the same time, hence - it is difficult to isolate the real reason. At this website you can calculate your salinity with help of the ICP tests. My show up to be around 36 psu (36 per mille). I have adjust this. I also discover that the Triton DOC test can be very helpful. It shows up that I probably had a huge imbalance between inorganic nitrogen and organic nitrogen as proteins/amino acids. I skim very dry and after this I change to a more wet skimming.

One question - do you have any cyanobacteria mats for the moment - the same question to @Katrina71 and @Lowell Lemon . A long shot :)

Sincerely Lasse

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Exactly the same with mine (as your photo in post 2539) but I suspect my filefish. I took it out yesterday - the coral he/she picked looks better but the torch still have problems. All my euphyllia have been a little "down" - today (with exception of my torch) they looks better - more expanded. I have reacted to my ICP report and have dose according to recommendations. @Sallstrom will kick my *** because I as always does more than one thing at the same time, hence - it is difficult to isolate the real reason. At this website you can calculate your salinity with help of the ICP tests. My show up to be around 36 psu (36 per mille). I have adjust this. I also discover that the Triton DOC test can be very helpful. It shows up that I probably had a huge imbalance between inorganic nitrogen and organic nitrogen as proteins/amino acids. I skim very dry and after this I change to a more wet skimming.

One question - do you have any cyanobacteria mats for the moment - the same question to @Katrina71 and @Lowell Lemon . A long shot :)

Sincerely Lasse
No. None. My torch is fine too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No cyano at all in my tank but my Nitrates are HIGH ~50 so that might be the issue as well. I am going to set up my sulfur denitrator as soon as I get a min to clean it ;)

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I remember it’s not stingers but a chemical release from the leather that messes em up. Doesn’t seem likely a foot away even with the right flow to be a factor but ? Mysteries of the tank some never solved

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe everything the internet does not lie! Lol but seriously It could be an issue with a very specific type and specific condition that affected the leather that then defended itself and effected the hammer. So many unknowns this hobby will drive me nuts. I like concrete answers to be able to avoid and of fix issues. Line up all suspects no matter how unlikely till we get a confession ;-)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back