View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coat 2 on....

IMG_20191130_141700_1.jpg
Beautiful!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about sweet Sophie.
F5C70FC4-5773-45DD-AB84-E78FF62F244C.jpeg

That has to be the saddest friggen picture I've seen in SOOOOOO long.

So, I got 25 gallons of Fritz blue mixing and will do a 25% water change tomorrow. Received my Hanna salinity tester and although the unit itself is fine, BRS shipped it in a padded envelope and the case is broken, the top is cracked almost completely across at the hinge. I contacted Hanna and we'll see if they respond to it.

Tank is suffering and I am unsure what it causing it. SPS are all dead except 1 and it's not looking good. Frogspawn are also dying. But everything else is doing very well. @Scurvy 's toadstool is around 10" across and very happy. Trachy's and Lobo are puffy and Dragon Soul Torch (@RichtheReefer21 ;) ) is extending per usual and needs another fragging.

No idea on parameters because I'm lazy as crap right now ;) Might check them later if I get the ambition:)

Been busy trying to get kitchen island top urethaned so we can use it again. It's going to look stunning when it's done. Just have to put 3 more coats on.

@Fudsey , I am SO sorry for your loss, Sophie looked like an amazing companion and she was lucky to have you, as I'm sure you feel you were lucky to have her. Best wishes on healing.

I would bet your SPS issues are related to your salt, a lot of threads lately relating to SPS dying off and the common denominator seems to be the Fritz salt...

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would bet your SPS issues are related to your salt, a lot of threads lately relating to SPS dying off and the common denominator seems to be the Fritz salt...

Not gonna get into it all and make Keith's BT a mess, but maybe I just got lucky using RPM blue from fritz. 2 years. Never an issue that could have been salt related.

And the results on my sticks speak for themselves.
20190904_192835.jpg
20190926_184522.jpg

20191113_211143.jpg

Imo you Should always test a new box of salt regardless of the brand name. I know fritz owned up to a bad batch run, but considering the thousands of happy customers, myself included, it's tough to throw out the brand all together.

I know and agree there are much higher quality salts available on the market. But I've been nothing but happy with it.

/rant over
#sorrynotsorry

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH I'd say that Fritz was the problem but I haven't used it yet except for about 4 gallons worth. This will be the 1st time I've done a water change with it....

Sophie was my little muffin, she was my Frisbee dog when she was younger and have many pics of her feet off the ground catching a frisbee. She was the first dog we have had that would go for a frisbee too.

And don't worry, we will have more dogs, probably sooner than Laurie predicted too. Already have her looking at them and she said we should look for a bonded pair this time too... :)

Air Sophie.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH I'd say that Fritz was the problem but I haven't used it yet except for about 4 gallons worth. This will be the 1st time I've done a water change with it....

Sophie was my little muffin, she was my Frisbee dog when she was younger and have many pics of her feet off the ground catching a frisbee. She was the first dog we have had that would go for a frisbee too.

And don't worry, we will have more dogs, probably sooner than Laurie predicted too. Already have her looking at them and she said we should look for a bonded pair this time too... :)

Air Sophie.jpg

That is just AWESOME, our one dog Zoey, try as she might, just can't catch them lol

She will however play fetch with stuff toys till she passes out...
20190715_193842.jpg

Our other pup Winter just stares at us like we are insane when we toss anything her way. Unless it's food and even then you can see the debate in her eyes on whether or not she wants to use the energy to go grab it...

20190703_095400.jpg

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melody loves frisbee too :) River tried. She hasn’t quite gotten the “bring it back and let it go so you can throw” bit but she does enjoy a tug. You can (hopefully) see the joy in my little dogs eyes when the kid comes to play with her. Dogs sure are special. I’m glad to hear you’ll be getting another, and hopefully a pair. I don’t know what I’d do without my Aussie girls.
9A10CA9B-C5B7-45A7-9C3F-FF44CEABF0DF.jpeg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys ! !

So @RichtheReefer21 I got the ambition and did a full set of tests.... ;Yuck;Yuck

PO4 - .061
NO3 - ~50
pH - 8.2
Salinity - 1.025
temp - 77F
Ca - 430
Mg - 1430

NO3 is refusing to come down so I will be doing a 25% water change a little later. Not sure why the sulfur denitrator isn't bringing them down even though the effluent tests under 10... I really need to plumb in the 40b for a fuge. The ball of cheato in there is about the size of a beach ball now... :)

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys ! !

So @RichtheReefer21 I got the ambition and did a full set of tests.... ;Yuck;Yuck

PO4 - .061
NO3 - ~50
pH - 8.2
Salinity - 1.025
temp - 77F
Ca - 430
Mg - 1430

NO3 is refusing to come down so I will be doing a 25% water change a little later. Not sure why the sulfur denitrator isn't bringing them down even though the effluent tests under 10... I really need to plumb in the 40b for a fuge. The ball of cheato in there is about the size of a beach ball now... :)
I see what you’re talking about now. I’m gonna do another WC this week as well. I will test again Wednesday morning and if NO3 and PO4 haven’t moved in the right direction I will do mine Thursday.

Back