Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May contain Aiptasia.
Ugh. I battled them once already. Now I see one every few months and kill it ASAP! Thanks for being honest about it!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. I battled them once already. Now I see one every few months and kill it ASAP! Thanks for being honest about it!
It is how I got them. Found them in my fuge after getting macro at LFS. I ripped my sump apart and bleached everything and started fuge with new rock and clean macro. Couple weeks later found them in my display. Nasty buggers

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I can't promise there are no Aips in mine either. Display is clear but I have some in the overflow and sump. I wouldn't doubt they are in the reactor as well..... I have a beachball size chaeto ball spinning in my 40B that sooner or later will become a full fuge. When ever I harvest, I just toss it in there. keeps going ;)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a Big Booty Nudi for mine
IMG_20191210_203316421.jpg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My CBB takes care of any in the display so I don't care if they are in other places. If any try to move into the display, he/she makes quick meal of them ;)

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I can't promise there are no Aips in mine either. Display is clear but I have some in the overflow and sump. I wouldn't doubt they are in the reactor as well..... I have a beachball size chaeto ball spinning in my 40B that sooner or later will become a full fuge. When ever I harvest, I just toss it in there. keeps going ;)
How do you feed it to keep it alive?

My CBB takes care of any in the display so I don't care if they are in other places. If any try to move into the display, he/she makes quick meal of them ;)
with out the PBT I been thinking of a CBB.

@mta_morrow i got mine from algeabarn after learning my lesson. Might not be a bad option like Keith suggested.
Watch out who you get it from or you may regret it

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you feed it to keep it alive?
with out the PBT I been thinking of a CBB.
Masstick, he/she loves it and he picks at the rocks/sand all the time. Stick it right to the glass and goes right for it. I have also heard from others that they put it in a clam shell and drop it to the bottom.

Copperband13.jpg

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/2 teaspoon mixed with 1 ml rodi makes a paste ball that you just stick anywhere. You can even stick it into the rocks too. But I'm afraid if I do that the bristle worms will get it before him.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Masstick, he/she loves it and he picks at the rocks/sand all the time. Stick it right to the glass and goes right for it. I have also heard from others that they put it in a clam shell and drop it to the bottom.

Copperband13.jpg
I’m sorry I was wondering how you feed the chaeto.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh.....lol....

I don't, my nitrates are feeding it and I ghost feed the 40B every few days. I also use water change water from the DT switched out from 40B.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh.....lol....

I don't, my nitrates are feeding it and I ghost feed the 40B every few days. I also use water change water from the DT switched out from 40B.
Ok I got it.
more importantly did I feel a little push to get a CBB. The push for the LNH work out wonderfully and is a fan favorite

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny too, they both are unafraid of me most of the time. I can get my face close to the glass and the CBB will swim right up :)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well @mta_morrow no change as of yet, unless you say PO4 rising is a good thing ;Wideyed

Parameters are about where I figured they'd be....

NO3 - ~50
PO4 - .113
dkH - 9.3
pH - 8.2 (Don't know why I bother with this, it never changes much...)
Ca - 430
Mg - 1440

GFO reactor was clogged, Fixed and should bring PO4 back down. Carbon dosing now at 16 ml/day. I will keep it here for 2 more days and then test again. I hate testing NO3, takes forever.... ;Wacky

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well @mta_morrow no change as of yet, unless you say PO4 rising is a good thing ;Wideyed

NO3 - ~50
PO4 - .113
dkH - 9.3
Ca - 430
Mg - 1440

GFO reactor was clogged, Fixed and should bring PO4 back down. Carbon dosing now at 16 ml/day. I will keep it here for 2 more days and then test again. I hate testing NO3, takes forever.... ;Wacky

The chaeto reactor didnt result in an increase to your pH average when compared to before having it? I was always at 7.9ish until I started running the fuge light at night, and since never goes below 8.0. I imagine I get spikes up to 8.2 but dont test that late to find out.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I check pH it is always either 8.0 or 8.2, mostly 8.2. I know it has to drop at night but I have no evidence. I am starting to not trust RedSea tests.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I check pH it is always either 8.0 or 8.2, mostly 8.2. I know it has to drop at night but I have no evidence. I am starting to not trust RedSea tests.
pH is such a rudimentary test that I wouldnt sweat it. I use API. Do u run the chaeto reactor at night or daytime with your lights? I read that running the fuge grow lights at night keep the swing minimal because of the photosynthesis occurring 24/7. O2 being the bi-product naturally. My fuge light comes on 30 mins before lights go out and 30 mins after they come on to ensure stability in my pH

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NO3 - ~50
PO4 - .113
dkH - 9.3
Ca - 430
Mg - 1440

You will start seeing reduction next bump. What are you planning on bumping it up to next?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back