Full rescape after having to remove rock

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reef 2 reef!
I had to pull my rock out to remove my fish and take them to hospital! ( don’t have a QT and got ich ) they went to my lfs who has kindly agreed to treat and look after my fish until my tank has gone fallow! But unfortunately I had to do a rescape! So what do you guys think?!
be honest I can take it!

8301110A-333D-42A9-9CD8-B98A49EEBF60.jpeg 13C46564-54AA-47CD-9914-F3D8881421EA.jpeg 43DD39DF-C0CA-4F5D-B22D-990DFF9FE57B.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Better question... How does it look to you? Your tank, you're looking at it every day. Do you like what you see. THAT is all that matters.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like to have one side higher than the other and think this adds some more interest to the layout. But as P-Dub says, it really is what looks good to you.

OP
OP
rubertoe93

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I ran out of rock and patience for more height, the rock was wet and didn’t want it out of the tank that long! I am thinking of getting some nice rocks arches and branches to make back the height! And let my get some sps on them!

MickeyR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it, I would be careful how high you go, it would take away from sps that you place up top when it grows and fills towards the top. I like the real estate to put sps, etc the way you have your rock work layed out. Also make sure nothing seems like it can tip over, but great job

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. It’ll continue to evolve with you.

OP
OP
rubertoe93

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it, I would be careful how high you go, it would take away from sps that you place up top when it grows and fills towards the top. I like the real estate to put sps, etc the way you have your rock work layed out. Also make sure nothing seems like it can tip over, but great job
Thank you! Yeah I’ve used 2 part epoxy for most, other that the rocks that age my coral on, for when I frag it all and become a millionaire

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fish are gonna love it. Plenty of holes and swim-throughs. And lots of vertical space for stoney's to grow upward. I think you'll be pleased when the corals grow in. Good job.

OP
OP
rubertoe93

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fish are gonna love it. Plenty of holes and swim-throughs. And lots of vertical space for stoney's to grow upward. I think you'll be pleased when the corals grow in. Good job.
Thank you! Yeah I do have more caves and swim through!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning reef 2 reef!
I had to pull my rock out to remove my fish and take them to hospital! ( don’t have a QT and got ich ) they went to my lfs who has kindly agreed to treat and look after my fish until my tank has gone fallow! But unfortunately I had to do a rescape! So what do you guys think?!
be honest I can take it!

8301110A-333D-42A9-9CD8-B98A49EEBF60.jpeg 13C46564-54AA-47CD-9914-F3D8881421EA.jpeg
Its your vision thats important. I (with my scape) have tried to minimize the amount of contact the rock has with the sand - i.e. - to allow flow all the way underneath - to eliminate dead spaces. For example - I bout 2 large pieces of table rock that look like mushrooms - there there is a 'stem'. - and then a large circular shelf. One has to be balanced (for stability) - with a small rock in the back - but there is still flow all the way under - and around. Which also gives fish more hiding spots, etc. I MIGHT try to raise come of your rocks off the bottom - by cementing/gluing more bridges.
FYI - I like it like it is as well. Second - next time - try using fish traps - so that avoids having to take all your rock down - which is a hassle - even though it does give you chance to make changes

OP
OP
rubertoe93

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its your vision thats important. I (with my scape) have tried to minimize the amount of contact the rock has with the sand - i.e. - to allow flow all the way underneath - to eliminate dead spaces. For example - I bout 2 large pieces of table rock that look like mushrooms - there there is a 'stem'. - and then a large circular shelf. One has to be balanced (for stability) - with a small rock in the back - but there is still flow all the way under - and around. Which also gives fish more hiding spots, etc. I MIGHT try to raise come of your rocks off the bottom - by cementing/gluing more bridges.
FYI - I like it like it is as well. Second - next time - try using fish traps - so that avoids having to take all your rock down - which is a hassle - even though it does give you chance to make changes
Yeah I see what you mean, I wanted to do that, but stress got the better of me haha!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 69 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back