Full Tank Shots of 2018! Let's see those tanks!

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to get my frags to grow faster...

IMG_3657.JPG

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started May 2017. I just mounted the hybrid t5 fixture with my radions last night. I managed to break one of the new bulbs in the process, so in these pics only one side is lit up.
tank1.jpg
tank2.jpg

Other than breaking the bulb how do you like the fixture? I know its brand new for you but I'm strongly considering picking up the 24 inch to supplement my Kessils.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than breaking the bulb how do you like the fixture? I know its brand new for you but I'm strongly considering picking up the 24 inch to supplement my Kessils.
I like it with one exception: The power cords in my opinion aren't long enough. Each side has it's own power source, and when fully assembled, one side (in this case the left bank) power cord ends up oriented on the back end of the fixture, and the other side on the front end of the fixture. As the outlets are behind the tank, the right side needs a short extension to reach it's outlet. I wish they offered a "peninsula" type oriented fixture that BOTH power cords exit the fixture on the same end when you assemble it.
As for the rest, I like it. It's light, easy to assemble, my radions fit perfectly in the included mounts. It got rid of that awful arching tank mount that I had for the radions, so it looks cleaner.
EDIT: The way the new fixture is now oriented over the tank now has the radions running from front to back (instead of side to side with the old mount). The back of the tank where the overflow is, is now fully lit. I'll get a par reading tonight inside the overflow, but I'm pretty sure acropora would now thrive in there. The length of the fixture is the exact "width" of my tank, 36".

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 86 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back