reptireef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Very nice photos! What camera do you use?

Wouod love to see some of your professional photographs. :)
Thank you! Sony a7r3. You can find some of my usual work on my business Instagram at @codymillspic

AquaCave Logo Banner

Avengerx77

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Awesome shots and very nice reef tank, just started following you in IG. I am starting to practice photography in my reef tank, but not much models in there yet :D. I hope I can get to the point you are in photography and having such a beautiful tank.

You should open a new IG account for your tank shots.

OP
reptireef

reptireef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Awesome shots and very nice reef tank, just started following you in IG. I am starting to practice photography in my reef tank, but not much models in there yet :D. I hope I can get to the point you are in photography and having such a beautiful tank.

You should open a new IG account for your tank shots.
Thank you! Many years of practice and I'm still not satisfied with my work but there is no end in sight! Also you can find my coral pics on Instagram under my forum name on here :)

TnFishwater98

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thank you! Many years of practice and I'm still not satisfied with my work but there is no end in sight! Also you can find my coral pics on Instagram under my forum name on here :)
You should get a gig taking pics at coral farms

Tidal Gardens

Jeffcb

Imagine how many reef fish that Marlin ate
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Following!

Your pictures are incredible. I am inspired. I recently acquired a 6D Mark II, 100mm 2.8, a 24-105 lens and am learning. There is a lot to learn and like any art it is taking some time to do so but it is fun.

Question, I seem to get better shots with a yellow #8 filter than orange 85B (on sale btw). Is it because I am not shooing under all blue light. Tank runs blue-white at 100/20. Should I turn the white all the way off and use orange for pics?

OP
reptireef

reptireef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Following!

Your pictures are incredible. I am inspired. I recently acquired a 6D Mark II, 100mm 2.8, a 24-105 lens and am learning. There is a lot to learn and like any art it is taking some time to do so but it is fun.

Question, I seem to get better shots with a yellow #8 filter than orange 85B (on sale btw). Is it because I am not shooing under all blue light. Tank runs blue-white at 100/20. Should I turn the white all the way off and use orange for pics?
I always shoot under full blue to get the most natural color pop rather than upping saturation, I actually just got my 85B after using whatever the Avast Marine one is. The 85B doesn't block out as much blue as the other but the corals pop more in my opinion. Though with every photo I still have to slide the color temperature all the way warm in editing to get the best look rather than a fully blue photo.

Jeffcb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I always shoot under full blue to get the most natural color pop rather than upping saturation, I actually just got my 85B after using whatever the Avast Marine one is. The 85B doesn't block out as much blue as the other but the corals pop more in my opinion. Though with every photo I still have to slide the color temperature all the way warm in editing to get the best look rather than a fully blue photo.
Thank you. I will try that.

Jeffcb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Incredible work you do. What portal do you use. Avast has a long and short version. Is it nessasary to use the longer? Or is the short version best? Getting ready to order one. Are there other portals you recommend?

Thanks

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!
OP
reptireef

reptireef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Incredible work you do. What portal do you use. Avast has a long and short version. Is it nessasary to use the longer? Or is the short version best? Getting ready to order one. Are there other portals you recommend?

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply, thank you! I use the short version from Avast. Even with my long lens, I don’t find a need for the longer version unless you have a long lens that doesn’t zoom, it would also obstruct the view of short lenses. It’s the only one I’ve used so I can’t say much about others

OP
reptireef

reptireef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
7FB74164-736C-4B16-94E7-AD1ED7A54BBE.jpeg
8490346B-F390-47E2-93B8-8AB11AAD0383.jpeg
5B896A69-0C7B-4717-91CF-059AF3FD9EEC.jpeg
10D6D197-62E0-42B3-9463-FB501F4DC699.jpeg
32315ABC-EA32-4706-9C45-E5FF2854B957.jpeg
879B7AFB-0A91-4369-9A69-335ED7634370.jpeg

reefboytv

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Ayyy nice dude I actually come from the same background. Was a professional automotive photographer and did work with companies like BMW, Volvo, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, and a few others.

Trying to do the same as you and start doing some photography with reefs and such. Your work is great!

I haven't done any reef photography yet sadly. I want my tank to stabilize and get healthy before I start.

Jeffcb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Sorry for the late reply, thank you! I use the short version from Avast. Even with my long lens, I don’t find a need for the longer version unless you have a long lens that doesn’t zoom, it would also obstruct the view of short lenses. It’s the only one I’ve used so I can’t say much about others
Thanks. I did get the short version. Have not used it yet. Almost afraid to. Hope I don't drop my new camera!

Your pics are amazing and inspiring.

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 162 48.8%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 73 22.0%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 49 14.8%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 42 12.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 1.8%
Ecotech Marine