Fully QT Clownfish with stringy poop and translucent spots

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don’t know the history prior to receiving it on Thursday. I was told it looked great when it was bagged. It looked like the pics above in the bag when I received it 22hrs later.
Possibly mucus on the skin. Not excessive. My wife says the body did not look healthy with a dilute loss of coloring even after the white patches went away.

The film on the eyes was pretty thick. Maybe protruding up to 1/8” to 1/16” from where the eye normal is.

You could not see the pupil well. This tissue eventually sloughed off.

once I received it, it was in an isolation tank by itself.
I suspect it may have had brooklynella with leaves a heavy mucus/haziness on the skin often starting at the face and working its way towards the body. If you have an opportunity, go back and see how other clowns at the pet store look.

OP
OP
zalick

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect it may have had brooklynella with leaves a heavy mucus/haziness on the skin often starting at the face and working its way towards the body. If you have an opportunity, go back and see how other clowns at the pet store look.
Unfortunately not possible to see. It was shipped to me from a QT vendor. :oops:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back